Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Chevrolet
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 6.2 diesel
Rated Cap: 20
installing power convertor

I picked up a used Magnetek 6345 convertor. I took a couple pictures before taking it out of the motorhome to help me with the install in my bus but apparently not enough. It seems very simple but I have a question. Where does the black wire get connected inside the ac panel?? It has 3 breaker, a double 20 amp, a double 15 amp and a single 30 amp. Looks like they used the double 20 as a main breaker, so does that mean the black wire from my main shore power cord connects to one side of the double 20 amp? what would connect to the other side of that breaker? Then the black wire that comes up from bottom section of the convertor that powers the convertor and fan, does that get connected to any particular breaker or black wire to power it? I've searched for a manual online without luck and the pics I've located are not clear to me....

flamedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
I did a quick check on google and came up with a very complete owners manual for your converter. Maybe you just didn't ask the right question?

Anyway, here goes.
http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/RV%2...%20Binder1.pdf
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote