Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Chassis: International IC RE300
Engine: International 7.6L diesel
Rated Cap: 33,000
Interior wall panels

I have a 2006 international re300. Taking out interior wall panels currently . I have all the screws out which wasn’t tough at all ( a lot of people deal with rivets) but the wall panels go under and up behind the windows it seems. Pain in the ass. Either I have to remove windows, which I’m not sure how to do, or cut the wall panels at the top to get the full removed . Anybody else have to deal with this type of wall panel/ window situation?

Saucenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
I think most people cut the wall panel. There's a thread about it somewhere. Our windows were a piece of cake to remove, FWIW, but they were leaking and needed to removed anyway.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: International Amtran
Engine: DT530E
Rated Cap: 84
I have a 2000 international re, found out after taking out my windows that the inside wall panels are spot welded in and took a lot of effort to remove, it was easier to get a cutting wheel and cut along the bottom edge of the window mounts. As for taking out the windows there should be screws that have dimpled washers that overlap the window frame between each window. Remove the screws & washers and the only thing left holding them in should be the weather epoxy, might take a little effort to pull or push them out but nothing else was holding them in place on my bus. I'll see if i can grab some pictures tomorrow after work.
Eclipse436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Chassis: International IC RE300
Engine: International 7.6L diesel
Rated Cap: 33,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse436 View Post
I have a 2000 international re, found out after taking out my windows that the inside wall panels are spot welded in and took a lot of effort to remove, it was easier to get a cutting wheel and cut along the bottom edge of the window mounts. As for taking out the windows there should be screws that have dimpled washers that overlap the window frame between each window. Remove the screws & washers and the only thing left holding them in should be the weather epoxy, might take a little effort to pull or push them out but nothing else was holding them in place on my bus. I'll see if i can grab some pictures tomorrow after work.
That’s what I read somewhere else. And that’d be great. Appreciate it. My windows don’t seem to want to come out. I don’t think immune had the washer . I’ll take some pics of what I got then tomorow as well.
Saucenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
theres a lot of ways manufacturers mounted windows.. and sometimes it seems there was adhesive involved.. or possibly a school pulled them and used adhesive..

some busses the windows have hidden screws.. you can put the window down and see the screws in the track for the top sash.

other busses have the dimpled washers as mentioned..

and yet others have screws on the outside of the frame retaining the windows..

most school bus windows leak.. if you want to keep the school bus windows, its a good idea to pull em all and re-seal around them anyway.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Ford PowerStroke Diesel 6.0
Rated Cap: GVWR 11,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
most school bus windows leak.. if you want to keep the school bus windows, its a good idea to pull em all and re-seal around them anyway.
-Christopher
Hey Chris - what sort of sealant would you recommend? I'm planning to pull all of mine and reseal, probably within the next week or so.
weboughtabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: International Amtran
Engine: DT530E
Rated Cap: 84
First picture are the screws & dimpled washers i was talking about. Second picture is roughly showing that the bottom of my window frames lined up even with the structural frame of the bus giving us an easy guide for cutting the interior wall skin off, just be sure to watch for the vertical supports if you decide to go this route. Third picture is showing the "spot" welds holding the interior wall in under the windows. Hopefully the pictures upload correctly if not I'll use an outside host & repost. Let me know if you have any other questions
Attached Thumbnails
20181105_190151.jpg   20181105_190053.jpg   20181105_190127.jpg  
Eclipse436 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall, wall framing, wall insulation, window, window insulation