Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Internet in Motion

Whenever I travel I use my cell phone connected to my laptop for internet. Alternatively you could get a cell card for your laptop and connect that way.

This neat product lets you instead of having the card installed in your laptop distribute the internet connection to any computer with an ethernet port.

http://www.internetinmotion.net/products.html

I use the Verizon NationalAccess (EN) to connect to the internet and I have had very good results.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: TransitLiner
Engine: Cummings
I'm using the Verizon V630 3G CDMA card (aka EvDO) while riding down the road at 65MPH to read these posts and write this reply. I've been using it for a little over a year now and often use it to listen to internet radio stations while mobile. Cost is about $70/mo for unlimited use and I find myself connected about 6 hours a day with never a complaint from Verizon for too much usage. We will be going full time in two more months and it will be the only internet connection on the MCP. We get Broadband speeds in the Orlando metropolitan area and fast enough for modest streaming applications in most other parts of the country.
w1bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
wtd
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas TransitLiner
w1bmw -
Just to note - your 'Triple Nickel' or VT225 is a Cummins, built in England, not a Detroit (in your signature line).
Matter of fact, roll under your bus and you should find this punched in the oil pan -
- first two lines anyways ...
Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: TransitLiner
Engine: Cummings
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd
w1bmw -
Just to note - your 'Triple Nickel' or VT225 is a Cummins, built in England, not a Detroit (in your signature line).
Matter of fact, roll under your bus and you should find this punched in the oil pan
Cool! I'll take a look when I drive it home from Texas at the end of the month. I was just going by what the current owner told me was in there, I'll change the sig accordingly when I make enough posts to have that option
w1bmw is offline   Reply With Quote