Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2019, 07:34 AM   #1

Year: 2001
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9l Cummins
Just getting started

Hey guys, I bought a 2001 Bluebird All American, it has the 5.9l Cummins engine and I am supposed to pick it up next week. I was told it has been a few months since it has been started and a few years since transporting any kids. My questions are, what tools/equipment should I take with me, should I take replacement fuel filters, and how many if any batteries? Thanks for taking the time to help.

Jamesandamanda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesandamanda13 View Post
Hey guys, I bought a 2001 Bluebird All American, it has the 5.9l Cummins engine and I am supposed to pick it up next week. I was told it has been a few months since it has been started and a few years since transporting any kids. My questions are, what tools/equipment should I take with me, should I take replacement fuel filters, and how many if any batteries? Thanks for taking the time to help.
If the bus is close to an auto parts store, I wouldn't go to the trouble of hauling one or two batteries with me. Plug-in chargers are a lot more portable and if the bus doesn't start with that, you can unhook the batteries and take them to an auto parts store. Even if the bus does start, it's probably still worth taking the batteries in to be checked. My batteries died about two months in.