Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e v8 turbo
Rated Cap: was 72, now 3
my sink is on the driver's side

the front door is facing the driver, [no passenger seat] so i put a sofa bed beside the door so a passenger can conversate. 4 windows above the sofa. the pantry is behind the driver and behind that is a sink cabinet with 2 windows above. 3 would improve the view 50% Natural lighting is nice. it would be nice to have at least a jump seat by the door.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 71
I didn't
cover
Check it out
Bathroom / blacktank dumps are typically on the drivers side on other campers , so i followed suit.
That ment shower needs to be across the hall and i figured sink drain was easier to cross under the bus tan was a sewer drain. So grey tank is on the curb side. Which i dump at my home into a floor drain on my farm
So since my door is mid body curb side there was more room on the street side for kitchen
Megabea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
For mine, bathroom, and kitchen on drivers side , and black and grey tanks on the drivers side as well. Fresh water will be in a closet on the passenger side, with the water pipe (Pex) going through the threshold between the kitchen and rear bed room.

Picked up the water tank today 105 gallon vertical tank from agri supply. 23" diameter about 5 1/2 ft tall.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #24
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84lug
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
Then why ask?

I've always said. it's your to do whatever you want to.

Just enjoy it.
Lol I did't know going passenger side was a thing... never registered in my mind. We are going driver side with ours but using a composting toilet.... no black water.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
I know this doesn't directly answer this thread's question, but I've made it easier for myself by having as many connections as possible on both sides. I have the black and gray dump valves on the left side, but the gray tank also has a 1.5" dump on the right side pointing straight down just ahead of the rear wheels, either fresh water tank can be filled from the city water connections or from gravity fills on each side, and the 120VAC power inlets are on each side (one at the front and one at the rear). At least this should reduce the need to drag hoses and cables under the bus.

To keep the bus balanced as much as possible the two 110-gal fresh water tanks are on either side of the central fuel tank, with both tanks interconnected to keep their levels equal. The 115-gal gray tank is under the frame rails, so it doesn't change the balance no matter how full it is. Only the 65-gal poo tank is on the left, but most of the time it won't be full, so I don't care about its weight. The bus is already heavier on the right side because of the ten start and house batteries there, so having a few hundred pounds of Pee & Poo on the left, plus my radiator mister's distilled water supply, plus the heavy washing machine and fridger on the left inside, should slightly help offset the batteries' weight.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #26
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
I'm using macerating pumps so my grey tank is mounted about a 1/3rd of the way back from the front between the frame rails & my black tank is mounted on the rear right side behind the right tires but is pumped over over to the left side for discharging. All hookups & dumping will be on the left.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
Almost There

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-750
Engine: 390 BB
Rated Cap: 2 humans, 1 cat
Ours is on both sides. It had already been converted when we bought it but we gutted it and started over. Wet stuff is on driver's side, closest to the water supply. Cooking is on passenger side because that's where the propane lines were already run. We put the fridge on that side, too, as that's where it worked out best. We were given another propane tank and that's also on the driver's side specifically for the water heater (on demand).

As for visibility through windows while driving, hubby relied on the side mirrors because he can't flex like a pretzel to look through them.

Editing to add: composting toilet, no black water tank and no fresh water tanks. All the hookups for water and electric were on the driver's side and we had a time frame. I don't think we would have changed it, though. Most parks have hookups on the driver's side.
WanderingLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #28
Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International
Engine: 345 IH gas
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
Do it your way but consider:

If you only dump, fill and plug in at your own place, put them wherever you want and enjoy it.

If you dump, fill or plan to use shore power at a commercial RV park or dump station, put all your access on drivers side.
A lot of the dump stations are one way meaning you can only pull in from one direction.
Poo hoses are not fun to handle and shorter is better!
Same on shore power cable - shorter is cheaper!
https://www.pettypb.com/bus
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote