Old 02-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
Year: 1985
Coachwork: Wayne Chaperone
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Re: Long term parking/ homeowner

Bansil, I will look for the info about the get togethers (I like to travel).

Have a friend in Johnson City, TN. Looks like it is pretty close to you.
schoolmarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #12
Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71

Originally Posted by Locutus
If you're property is in an unincorporated area, watch out for potential annexation to a city. My house was in unincorporated county until 2010, when it was annexed to the city next door. That city has ordinances limiting the length and height of an RV parked on your own property, as if it was any of their business. This is the reason I bought a bus back then rather than waiting, because I could grandfather it in with the right paperwork. Unfortunately, I'm stuck now with this bus and can't change it. Not that it's not a good bus mind you. Limits for non-grandfathered RVs are 24' long and 9' high. My bus is 36' long and over 10' high.
That is completely ridiculous. I'd petition to have that changed because it really is none of their business.

Our plan involves eventually buying land and parking the bus on it while we build a permanent structure. Looks like we'll be double checking the laws in the area we find... Not that I mind telling gov't folks to shove it, but I like minimizing hassle more lol
Proud new owners of a 1974 Crown Supercoach - the big rolling twinkie!

inkblots84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #13
Year: 1970
Coachwork: International

Where I live, SoCal, f you are planning on building on your land you can get a temporary occupancy permit that's good for a few years, I believe. That's our plan, at any rate.
Double-decker International skoolie conversion - planning to stay stationary on our own land as we build a house.
uswiththebus is offline   Reply With Quote