Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: genesis
Chassis: international harvester
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84
making dividers

how to quickly make a pattern to make like the wall for the bathroom front wall, my wife & I are working on putting in the shower pan , not a great wood worker, any suggestions please help. Got to get this done soon got laid off , the only lucky thing we have the stove, fridge, toilet, grey & black tanks, water tank, on demand bosch 1000p lp gas water heater, got the bus painted, wish I could post pictures writing this on a mac g5 computer, not the most computer savy person. Oh yeah painted the roof white safety blue on the front, back sides with a hunter green stripe at the bottom all paint was rustoleum, sprayed with a develviss paint gun I am not a painter but stand back fifty feet & it looks pretty good!!!!!!!!!!

dieselman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: 2003 Thomas E-350 shorty
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 24
Re: making dividers

There was a thread a few months ago on this- search "wall template". My idea is to:
1. Park bus level. Check at a few spots to verify being level especially side to side.
2. Attach a 2x2 across the bus, level.
3. Make marks evenly, say every 2 to 3 inches starting from each wall, moving toward the center.
4. Take a plumb line (string with a nut tied on) and align with the marks, make a corresponding mark on the roof.
5. Measure and record distances from roof to top of 2x2.
6. measure from top of 2x2 to floor at a few points.
7. Transfer measurements to heavy cardboard, connect the dots and cut.
8. Test fit and refine curve til you're happy. Leave a slight gap for flexing- use flexible molding to cover.

Keep the cardboard template and measurements for future use. Test fit each new wall with a cardboard template to avoid waste of good material!
I'd record each side to past the center line, in case you want to build a longer/wider wall. Record each seperately. I wouldn't count on both sides being exactly the same! Might as well take the measurements while it's all set up.