Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Skoolie

Maybe the next bus will stay here longer.

So I'd been shopping for some time, and finally come across this bus bus with a non running engine, and broken hood hings. It was due to time out in a month when it quit on route, so the shop was told to just tow it and park it for sale or parts.
It has a cat 3126, allison, air ride and the roof is the higher one as you can see it ramps up right behind the driver. Brakes were still caged from the tow. Bought it for 1k, towed to farm for 240. Spent about a dollar on fuses to power the ecm, and it fired right up. Hooked up the drive shaft and uncaged the brakes and drove it around.
3 flash codes showed up with the check engine light. One was speedometer not getting tot he ecm, another was the fuses blew so interupted power to the ecm, and the 3rd was the one I had to fix, was the inlet heater to the engine not working. Paid $115 for a code scan to find it was a current fault low, so an open circuit. Chased the loom and found the heater relay trigger wires had worn against a bracket. Fixed the wires and codes reset.
Paid a local body and paint $250 to fix the hood.

Local berry grower calls and asks to buy the bus. I said I did'nt buy it to sell. Said he'll give me $7500 for it right now. Sold.

So now back to the shopping for a bus.

Attached Thumbnails
20180404_150202.jpg   20180404_150220.jpg  

Deezl Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
That **** never happens to me

Very well played.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezl Smoke View Post
So I'd been shopping for some time, and finally come across this bus bus with a non running engine, and broken hood hings. It was due to time out in a month when it quit on route, so the shop was told to just tow it and park it for sale or parts.
It has a cat 3126, allison, air ride and the roof is the higher one as you can see it ramps up right behind the driver. Brakes were still caged from the tow. Bought it for 1k, towed to farm for 240. Spent about a dollar on fuses to power the ecm, and it fired right up. Hooked up the drive shaft and uncaged the brakes and drove it around.
3 flash codes showed up with the check engine light. One was speedometer not getting tot he ecm, another was the fuses blew so interupted power to the ecm, and the 3rd was the one I had to fix, was the inlet heater to the engine not working. Paid $115 for a code scan to find it was a current fault low, so an open circuit. Chased the loom and found the heater relay trigger wires had worn against a bracket. Fixed the wires and codes reset.

Local berry grower calls and asks to buy the bus. I said I did'nt buy it to sell. Said he'll give me $7500 for it right now. Sold.

That was fast...lol
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
That was one heck of a deal. Shortly after buying my bus I had I guy offer me almost double what I paid to buy my bus for toting Amish work crews around, but I turned it down because it took me like 2 months to find the right bus for me.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:

ECCB sees this and he'll likely shank you. He was talking about getting into bus flipping. Doesn't get any better than this. Maybe spend a weekend ripping out seats and charging $10k for a shell?
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC/Gasser
Rated Cap: 54
Quote:

Cool story!
chopanegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Nice! Honestly, I think I will probably buy a few to flip at some point once my build is to a certain point and I head out to new Mexico. Last time I was out there I found a running shorty that guy wanted 1800 for, high headroom. I could strip it, do a little maintenance, and then off she goes