Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Bus Nut
Year: 1983
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 Gasser
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Media blaster. Any experience?

I think a lot depends on how much rust you have and where its at. I think with 20lbs you will be filling it constantly. I know they make bigger tanks but they are not practical to use for one time to make that kind of purchase.

yes the wire wheel of death sucks. its a slow process but does well. You get a first hand look at the good... bad.. and ugly to see what needs to or has to be replaced.

As stated there is no substitute for new metal. One thing to consider if the rust isnt too bad is por15. It will chemically change the rust in to a paintable surface. Now it wont helpy you if its paper thin and about to break through but you know what to do with that.

I currently work for a rental company and we rent trailer compressors that spit 185 cfm of air that people use to blast metal fences. One thing to consider. That blasting casues heat so it can warp and possibly blast through if its thin.

Just some food for thought
Here is my school bus conversion thread

Pics of my conversion @ photobucket
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote