Wow, what a day Friday was....
I have been working on the body fixing whisky dings, sanding, priming, etc. for the last few weeks on days that were good enough for outside work getting ready for a good dry and not-to-windy day and Friday was it!
Start at a little after daylight with a complete bus wash.
As the bus was drying from the wash, I started getting everything ready.
It was already sanded and primed lightly.
After taping windows, doors, access panels, lights, roof edge, it was already 10 AM and ready for some paint.
I mixed the grey epoxy primer and started at one corner.
About an hour and two gallons later, the first coat was on.
I let this sit for a while and sanded lightly, then shot the gloss white main color.
After this coat sat and hardened, I started taping stripes and panels. After another solid hour of taping and masking, I shot the black stripes and panels and let it set for a while.
As I was taking the tape and masking off, she started to look more and more radiant.
As I removed the last few pieces of masking tape, the sun set and a great day was finished.
I am hoping for a good day tomorrow to do some touchup and then do the grey panels and stripes. What I have in mind will probably eat up 4 or 5 hours more.
I did steal quite a bit of the "Bessie Bus" paintjob ideas, but am slightly different.
I will try to take some pics tomorrow or early next week as my son has the digital camera this weekend.
All in all, I sprayed two gallons of high build quick set epoxy primer, two gallons of gloss white acrylic enamel and one gallon of gloss black acrylic enamel, used 6 rolls of blue masking tape, newspapers from the last month, a couple of gallons of tinnner and reducer and am so sore and sunburned today I can hardly move - BUT D@^^N IT FEELS GOOD!
Just had to share.....