Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
.. I am sure our New Mexican (what do you call people from NM anyway??!?!? )
Foolish people if you're being nice. What kind of person settles in a place that hits 100F and up daily in the summer, there's no trees, all the water is deep underground, the winters are freakin cold and the damned wind is blowing from 25 to 75 mph DAILY! EVERY AFTERNOON WE HAVE A BLEEDING WIND STORM!!!!! I've never seen so much hail, huge hail, in my life. As soon as we got the $$ saved up, we're gone from this state.

And there's more which would not be welcome on the forum. All I got to say is anything you have ever heard about the South, pales in comparison to the attitude in NM. If your name ends in the correct vowels, then you do not have a problem.
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
.. I am sure our New Mexican (what do you call people from NM anyway??!?!? )
Foolish people if you're being nice. What kind of person settles in a place that hits 100F and up daily in the summer, there's no trees, all the water is deep underground, the winters are freakin cold and the damned wind is blowing from 25 to 75 mph DAILY! EVERY AFTERNOON WE HAVE A BLEEDING WIND STORM!!!!! I've never seen so much hail, huge hail, in my life. As soon as we got the $$ saved up, we're gone from this state.
I feel you Lorna, we moved to Dallas 5 years ago and should have left that day. I don't know why we thought "hmm 105degrees, well it should be cooler tomorrow".... Mini-me has 3 years left of school (really good engineering high school) and then we are headed somewhere cooler and wetter. A big part of our bus is being able to head north until we find temps we like.
Oh yeah and neither of us fit the Dallas uniform, she refuses to bleach her hair and I will not wear khakis and 3 button polos ! needless to say we don't fit here....lmao
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
Site Team

if your in Cali.....lots of just out of service Crowns available....they are well built and damn sexy as a bus goes...kind of like 40/50 flexi's

only buy what you feel comfy with.........good luck
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Oh yeah and neither of us fit the Dallas uniform, she refuses to bleach her hair and I will not wear khakis and 3 button polos ! needless to say we don't fit here....lmao
so 3 button polo's and camo pants....erhh....ugh...doesn't work????
horse arse...
tell her to dye her hair, wear camo pants and aviator glasses..........hell you do the same...minus hair dye...grab a bus and drive around telling folks to "piss off'
.oh and extra "D cell" batteries ..ugh...cough...tossed...cough...out windows, well it stop's the nay-sayers .I didn't say that tho'

so what's next?
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesnElijahsmama
Thanks for the advice everyone. We're in southern California now and will be moving to southern Arizona. So where is the best place to look for decommissioned buses? Problem is we need to get something in the next month. Can I ask what items are a necessity? If we were going to buy a bus that had nothing?
How far south? I bought my bus from a used equipment guy based in Alpine CA (San Diego area); he had several buses at the time and may still have some (or have more). I'll PM his contact info to you.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

This would be of interest to me if I was looking again: http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/3821534597.html
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #17
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

Yes, my bus is for sale, and currently on the outskirts of Tucson. There is no air conditioning so it's not really liveable unless AC is added. The conversion info is here.

It currently does not have a starting battery or house batteries. I could buy and install those items, but it would obviously affect the price.

There is a Nature's Head waterless toilet installed in the bathroom. I don't think that is on the conversion log.

I check on the bus weekly, so although it has been sitting for a few months, it is not trashed. Email me if you'd like to discuss; address is at the conversion log.

Best,
Sean
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon
Quote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. We're in southern California now and will be moving to southern Arizona. So where is the best place to look for decommissioned buses? Problem is we need to get something in the next month. Can I ask what items are a necessity? If we were going to buy a bus that had nothing?
How far south? I bought my bus from a used equipment guy based in Alpine CA (San Diego area); he had several buses at the time and may still have some (or have more). I'll PM his contact info to you.
Thanks for this info. Husband is on the ph with him right now. And a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE for all of your replies. All of this info is so helpful!
MilesnElijahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF
Yes, my bus is for sale, and currently on the outskirts of Tucson. There is no air conditioning so it's not really liveable unless AC is added. The conversion info is here.

It currently does not have a starting battery or house batteries. I could buy and install those items, but it would obviously affect the price.

There is a Nature's Head waterless toilet installed in the bathroom. I don't think that is on the conversion log.

I check on the bus weekly, so although it has been sitting for a few months, it is not trashed. Email me if you'd like to discuss; address is at the conversion log.

Best,
Sean
Hi Sean. Can you tell me what your selling it for?
MilesnElijahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF

Best,
Sean
Hi Sean. Can you tell me what your selling it for?
PM sent.