Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
Bus Geek
 
lornaschinske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Roswell, NM
Posts: 3,587
Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
.. I am sure our New Mexican (what do you call people from NM anyway??!?!? )
Foolish people if you're being nice. What kind of person settles in a place that hits 100F and up daily in the summer, there's no trees, all the water is deep underground, the winters are freakin cold and the damned wind is blowing from 25 to 75 mph DAILY! EVERY AFTERNOON WE HAVE A BLEEDING WIND STORM!!!!! I've never seen so much hail, huge hail, in my life. As soon as we got the $$ saved up, we're gone from this state.

And there's more which would not be welcome on the forum. All I got to say is anything you have ever heard about the South, pales in comparison to the attitude in NM. If your name ends in the correct vowels, then you do not have a problem.
__________________
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 337
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
.. I am sure our New Mexican (what do you call people from NM anyway??!?!? )
Foolish people if you're being nice. What kind of person settles in a place that hits 100F and up daily in the summer, there's no trees, all the water is deep underground, the winters are freakin cold and the damned wind is blowing from 25 to 75 mph DAILY! EVERY AFTERNOON WE HAVE A BLEEDING WIND STORM!!!!! I've never seen so much hail, huge hail, in my life. As soon as we got the $$ saved up, we're gone from this state.
I feel you Lorna, we moved to Dallas 5 years ago and should have left that day. I don't know why we thought "hmm 105degrees, well it should be cooler tomorrow".... Mini-me has 3 years left of school (really good engineering high school) and then we are headed somewhere cooler and wetter. A big part of our bus is being able to head north until we find temps we like.
Oh yeah and neither of us fit the Dallas uniform, she refuses to bleach her hair and I will not wear khakis and 3 button polos ! needless to say we don't fit here....lmao
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
Site Team
 
bansil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MNT CITY TN
Posts: 5,044
Re: Need advice asap.

if your in Cali.....lots of just out of service Crowns available....they are well built and damn sexy as a bus goes...kind of like 40/50 flexi's

only buy what you feel comfy with.........good luck
__________________
Our build La Tortuga
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
George S. Patton
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Site Team
 
bansil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MNT CITY TN
Posts: 5,044
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
Oh yeah and neither of us fit the Dallas uniform, she refuses to bleach her hair and I will not wear khakis and 3 button polos ! needless to say we don't fit here....lmao
so 3 button polo's and camo pants....erhh....ugh...doesn't work????
.
.
horse arse...
.
.
tell her to dye her hair, wear camo pants and aviator glasses..........hell you do the same...minus hair dye...grab a bus and drive around telling folks to "piss off'
.
.
.
.oh and extra "D cell" batteries ..ugh...cough...tossed...cough...out windows, well it stop's the nay-sayers .I didn't say that tho'




.
.
.
.
so what's next?
__________________
Our build La Tortuga
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
George S. Patton
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 1,328
Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesnElijahsmama
Thanks for the advice everyone. We're in southern California now and will be moving to southern Arizona. So where is the best place to look for decommissioned buses? Problem is we need to get something in the next month. Can I ask what items are a necessity? If we were going to buy a bus that had nothing?
How far south? I bought my bus from a used equipment guy based in Alpine CA (San Diego area); he had several buses at the time and may still have some (or have more). I'll PM his contact info to you.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
Bus Crazy
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,615
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Need advice asap.

This would be of interest to me if I was looking again: http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/3821534597.html
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #17
Bus Nut
 
SeanF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 524
Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Need advice asap.

Yes, my bus is for sale, and currently on the outskirts of Tucson. There is no air conditioning so it's not really liveable unless AC is added. The conversion info is here.

It currently does not have a starting battery or house batteries. I could buy and install those items, but it would obviously affect the price.

There is a Nature's Head waterless toilet installed in the bathroom. I don't think that is on the conversion log.

I check on the bus weekly, so although it has been sitting for a few months, it is not trashed. Email me if you'd like to discuss; address is at the conversion log.

Best,
Sean
__________________
Bus conversion/info here
SeanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesnElijahsmama
Thanks for the advice everyone. We're in southern California now and will be moving to southern Arizona. So where is the best place to look for decommissioned buses? Problem is we need to get something in the next month. Can I ask what items are a necessity? If we were going to buy a bus that had nothing?
How far south? I bought my bus from a used equipment guy based in Alpine CA (San Diego area); he had several buses at the time and may still have some (or have more). I'll PM his contact info to you.
Thanks for this info. Husband is on the ph with him right now. And a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE for all of your replies. All of this info is so helpful!
MilesnElijahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF
Yes, my bus is for sale, and currently on the outskirts of Tucson. There is no air conditioning so it's not really liveable unless AC is added. The conversion info is here.

It currently does not have a starting battery or house batteries. I could buy and install those items, but it would obviously affect the price.

There is a Nature's Head waterless toilet installed in the bathroom. I don't think that is on the conversion log.

I check on the bus weekly, so although it has been sitting for a few months, it is not trashed. Email me if you'd like to discuss; address is at the conversion log.

Best,
Sean
Hi Sean. Can you tell me what your selling it for?
MilesnElijahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
Bus Nut
 
SeanF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 524
Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Need advice asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesnElijahsmama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF
Yes, my bus is for sale, and currently on the outskirts of Tucson. There is no air conditioning so it's not really liveable unless AC is added. The conversion info is here.

It currently does not have a starting battery or house batteries. I could buy and install those items, but it would obviously affect the price.

There is a Nature's Head waterless toilet installed in the bathroom. I don't think that is on the conversion log.

I check on the bus weekly, so although it has been sitting for a few months, it is not trashed. Email me if you'd like to discuss; address is at the conversion log.

Best,
Sean
Hi Sean. Can you tell me what your selling it for?
PM sent.
__________________
Bus conversion/info here
SeanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please advise ASAP NEED HELP VuduVudu Skoolie Conversion Projects 10 07-16-2014 02:21 PM
NEED OPINON ASAP on new bus Bus dad Conversion General Discussions 9 09-01-2013 11:03 PM
need turbo ASAP the_experience03 Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap 0 02-26-2010 07:57 PM
Broke Down In Nashville Need advice ASAP wmah Conversion General Discussions 4 06-27-2007 02:00 AM
Broke down in Nashville need advice ASAP lapeer20m On the Road | Travel, Trips, Camp Sites, Tailgates 0 06-16-2007 02:03 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.