View Poll Results: Is this bus good enough for a conversion?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 90 passenger
Yes, I did take a look at the wheel wells and they didn't look bad, actually. It was mostly the underside, the beams that go horizontally. Like i said, a few were actually rusted completley through - if i were to touch them they would break completely.

The rust on the frame does look like mostly the coating on the outside coming off. Man, i thought this was the bus. The search continues. The dealer put me in contact wiht the camp that is actually selling the bus, so i'm not going through the dealer that that is funny - it's a small world!
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Yes, I did take a look at the wheel wells and they didn't look bad, actually. It was mostly the underside, the beams that go horizontally. Like i said, a few were actually rusted completley through - if i were to touch them they would break completely.

The rust on the frame does look like mostly the coating on the outside coming off. Man, i thought this was the bus. The search continues. The dealer put me in contact wiht the camp that is actually selling the bus, so i'm not going through the dealer that that is funny - it's a small world!

The undercarriage on mine wasn't bad either. The bottom gets time and space to dry. The TOP, however, gets trapped moisture and salt between it and the floor. which makes it rust faster, plus there's plywood that holds moisture in. That is why when I stripped the plywood off, it was severely saturated and the rust was worse.

Trust me, if you don't want a long term "I know what's in it" project, walk away from this one.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 90 passenger
Thank you. I will probably have to walk away from this one. That will give me some time to get my CDL and learn a bit about air brakes anyway. I know i don't technically NEED a CDL, but i'd like to have one just because I can.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Anytime. I'd just hate to see you get in over your head financially, time wise, or even skill level. (I'm not enjoying what I am doing, but I have too much invested to just sell it off and start over!)

Tags
air brakes, rust