Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Need education on Tank plumbing plz

Hello, I need to install a shower, and toilet in my bus. However, not having any background in RV world. I find myself not knowing what hookups, hoses, sizes, etc will be best.

Its fairly easy to find people posting about removing replacing adding building tanks...the actual plumbing to take on fresh and exit waste. is what I cant seem to find.

I do not want to just fab something, and find I cant hook up to "normal" sources.

if anyone can post advice, links to off the shelf products (hoses and the like), or anything else that can help me, id appreciate it.

farmerSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome fellow skoolie.

You best go read as many build threads as you can. The pics and answers are all there.

There are many different ways of doing the installs. Again, the build threads will show you the way.

Smaller, individual questions will be easier to answer.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

thanks for the feedback.

how about, what size hoses and what type of connects are typically used in RV campgrounds? and can you provide a link to a set of hoses that I could plumb to my tanks that would fit said connections?

thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
check this out-
RVs and OHVs , Camping and Survival: RV Basics -- RVing for Dummies
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #5
Bus Geek

The last PC out of OR the 1st PC into your bus will be a basic "blade valve" like this http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39513-3-.../dp/B000EDUTQ8

This one doesn't have ends on it yet, you can have several of these upstream if you want even

Most people will put a 3inch outlet so they can use run of the mill sewer hoses and caps for rv's

The inside which hooks up to plumbing can be different sizes normally 3in or 4 in depending on what you use

Remember that almost every dump station and camp ground is made for a driver side dump, if only room you have is everything on passenger side that is okay if you have room to run solid pcv pipe at a slope down and across to passenger side, that is what I originally did, I am moving it this spring
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

thanks for the tips.