Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #21

all i've got is this one of the ceiling before I trimmed the great stuff and placed the plywood. Currently it just looks like a white wood ceiling
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170524_184228652.jpg  

TheStinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466e
Looks like someone had fun
Iheartbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #23

I'm currently wrestling with the insulation options myself. I've spent the last two days staring at the rivets I need to remove and have decided to spray foam.

Two questions...

Has anyone tried the DIY spray foam kit from Home Depot/Lowe's? I have a potential subcontractor lined up but was wondering how messy this job is going to be. Is there an easy way to cut off the excess?

And more importantly, how the hell am I supposed to get all these damned rivets out of here?!?!
TheRoadGoesOnForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
As several people have already shown by counting, there are less than 1,200 rivets to remove. While you're removing the rivets you'll be thinking this is the worst that it can get. You're right, it gets better.

I think most people are ordering the foam kits from amazon or other sources that deliver for free. I'm told one 600 bf kit will cover the inside of a 40' bus 1/2" deep if you're careful. There are also 800 bf kits.

You won't be sorry you insulated. You'll be cussing while it's going on, but when the weather is cold you'll be glad.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #25

Year: 2007
Another insulation question

I am new to then forum, but have read many of the threads on insulation. For cost reasons, we will likely go the R-Max route and seal edges on our International IE200 conversion. But here is my question;

I have some leftover ice and water shield from a roofing project. Would there be any value and/or harm in lining the bare metal ceiling with this prior to insulating? Being adhesive and flexible, perhaps it could easily wrap the contour of the ceiling and provide both additional sound deadening and extra water barrier.

I would love to hear others' thoughts on this.

Thanks!
jwvicker is offline   Reply With Quote