Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,089
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Need input/ideas on underbelly storage

The fabricator came by yesterday to do some measurements and is looking for ideas.

Can y'all post pics or links to the underbelly storage you have done?

If it is easier to send pics via email it's: sandiblankenshiprm@gmail.com

I am trying to get ideas together, so the bus can go there while I'm on my next grand adventure overseas... leaving tomorrow night!

Thanks in Advance, y'all rock!
Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie
 
ElDorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Hi sandi! It's Frankie Sarah husband. Wanted to say hi and want to stay updated on this thread since I will be doing the same myself.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
ElDorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,089
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDorado View Post
Hi sandi! It's Frankie Sarah husband. Wanted to say hi and want to stay updated on this thread since I will be doing the same myself.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Hi Frankie!!! So awesome to meet you last week!
If you find any good ideas or have links, let me know. I'm excited to get some of the "stuff" like tools and the like, off the bus and in storage.

Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
Rameses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 855
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Sojourner did some nice things with his basement. You could probably get some good ideas from his build.

This's the first mention of it in his build thread. You'll have to flip through a whole lot of pages to see the rest, but it's worth it. Really top notch work.


http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/so...html#post99043
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,089
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
Sojourner did some nice things with his basement. You could probably get some good ideas from his build.

This's the first mention of it in his build thread. You'll have to flip through a whole lot of pages to see the rest, but it's worth it. Really top notch work.


http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/so...html#post99043
Thank you, Rameses! He did do a great job! I appreciate you sharing the link.
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:42 PM   #6
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Wow ! great link- thanks. Will be using some of those ideas.

Here is just the Photobucket image Album
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #7
Almost There
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Chester, OH
Posts: 78
Year: 1990
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800 Carpenter
Engine: DT360 / AT545
Rated Cap: 65 passenger
Thanks for the photobucket link. Great stuff. Here is a video of another option:
https://youtu.be/miKZMpbCBgc
oredigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Great video- I might do a few things differently-

No need to drill that frame flange. Vertical loads look fine in a static vehicle, but when that bus is a 'rockin, that tank is a sloshing, I think it'll twist.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #9
Skoolie
 
Marceps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 130
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3126
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oredigger View Post
Quote:
this video has been removed due to lack of youtube babbling.
          
Marceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:09 AM   #10
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 866
Year: 1990
Coachwork: integral
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Great video- I might do a few things differently-

No need to drill that frame flange. Vertical loads look fine in a static vehicle, but when that bus is a 'rockin, that tank is a sloshing, I think it'll twist.
I also was wondering how he located the tank horizontally. Supporting it vertically is easy, but making sure it cannot move at all fore/aft/left/right is trickier. Ideally you want to isolate any horizontal loads from the vertical supports. And under hard braking the slosh may be strong enough to overstress the front (and maybe also the rear) wall, so some judicious reinforcement there is sensible. Only time will tell how it all works.

And for drilling upward into something hard, I use a small bottle jack under the drill to maintain constant pressure on the bit - it's easier than doing Pilates with your leg under the drill!

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:31 AM   #11
Bus Nut
 
dredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Birmingham Al
Posts: 577
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
I am thinking about building a hinged box for my storage, simply to allow me access to plumbing behind it - unbolt and fold the rear wall up, then fold the floor up.
__________________
My Skoolie Story on YouTube
dredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #12
Bus Nut
 
tobeamiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 736
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Hi Sandi great thread!! I'll be watching too because this is in my near future as well. I hope you're having a good time but I know you're anxious to get back as well ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
oh yes she did!
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/to...-it-16557.html
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:21 AM   #13
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,089
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
Hi Sandi great thread!! I'll be watching too because this is in my near future as well. I hope you're having a good time but I know you're anxious to get back as well ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It is a great thread!! Lots of input. That's what I love about this forum!
We're on Day 10 of our 29 day European budget backpacking trip. I'm with my 13 yo granddaughter. We got to Rome late last night.
Missing the quiet solitude of my bus. But love traveling with this kiddo!
Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #14
Bus Nut
 
tobeamiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 736
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
We're on Day 10 of our 29 day European budget backpacking trip. I'm with my 13 yo granddaughter. We got to Rome late last night.
Missing the quiet solitude of my bus. But love traveling with this kiddo!
Sandi
I thought it might be work related but this is even better. Girls at that age are alot of fun when you have that nice bond how exciting for you. Have fun!


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
oh yes she did!
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/to...-it-16557.html
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #15
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,089
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
I thought it might be work related but this is even better. Girls at that age are alot of fun when you have that nice bond how exciting for you. Have fun!


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


Last night. It 1215 am here she's all snuggled up to me. Early flight in morning then home.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:06 PM   #16
Bus Nut
 
tobeamiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 736
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Last night. It 1215 am here she's all snuggled up to me. Early flight in morning then home.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm sure you're sleeping by now...sleep tight, have a good flight and we'll leave the light on

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
oh yes she did!
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/to...-it-16557.html
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×