Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #1

Year: 94
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 72
Need thru tank fittings!! for black water tanks

I am looking for 3"-4" thru tank fittings. I made a waste tank out of a large cooler. The party bus runs year round and wanted to keep everything inside to prevent freezing. I need a fitting that will sandwich between the tank to create the seal and give me the dump that i need. I have found smaller sizes but i want at least 2 1/2"-3'

ddpartybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1983
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 8.3
Re: Need thru tank fittings!! for black water tanks

These are a life saver thx for the info I am just starting my mounting brackets for my tanks and this will be perfect!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #3

Re: Need thru tank fittings!! for black water tanks

Thanks iceni john, i was looking for this too
Old 04-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Detroit 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Check out Hayward flow control. Sorry can't find the website right now they will usually only talk to supplier's? BS but if you need them they are called bulkhead fitting's my company just bought some for a rain water harvesting system I am building. Depending on your area I have just learned that pool supplier's sell them but probably not in the bigger sizes. I have a supplier's name in my head but I don't want to give you the wrong info? I will send you another post after I find my shipping ticket. Sorry
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Alright I found it in the stack of paper's in a 4 door truck that can only haul me and my filing cabinet??? The manufacturer for the bulkhead fitting's is Welcome to Flow Control and you need to know model numbers from there web site and then they will refer you to the closest supplier. Sorry I put the ticket in my hand's and remembered the BS but they have any size type and even swivel type but they are not as cheap as amazon but I can't find the size your looking for except for this place? Hope I helped?
Old 04-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #6
Bus Nut

The issue that my men have found with these fitting's is that you can't over tighten them!! So use plenty of good thread tape and pipe dope. Tighten them up by hand and use a wrench for one full turn. Sorry pipe fitter/welder by trade.