Well the new glass went in yesterday after being set-back by a week of rain.
Started sanding out rust spots and adding primer tumors to the roof of the bus. Problem is I only bought one can of primer and that only lasted for the left half of the roof. Bondo tumors are popping up randomly as I find holes and fill them.
My buddy pointed out that I needed a working horn to pass inspection, which I finally tested yesterday, and neither one works, though I get voltage when I press the button. So today I have to stop on the way home and get new horns. Then it goes down to the shop for inspection this afternoon. I love these buses and the fact that they are easy to work on, you can climb up and sit on the engine while you work on them. Finding the horns on the bus was about a 3-minute endeavour, nice of them to mount them behind the headlights on the hood...had to climb up and almost sit on the radiator for those.
Almost all of the WVO conversion parts are in. Found a deal on the Pollak valves on Ebay, but the seller is out of town til next week and the silicon heating pads for the wvo tank are special order and will take a couple of weeks to get in.
Hope to have a WVO test run to Rochester, NY (90 mile one-way) by the first week of June and then a longer test run to the Adirondacks by the second week of July.
1988 Chevrolet S6000 8.2L Detroit Diesel