Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescuer View Post
Thanks for your opinion. I am sure that it is intended to do exactly what mine was intended to do.

My whole point was that a person should be able to post something - get information, and not be told to give up. After all - many, if not most, people here are not "school bus conversion professionals" - I did not see a risk of the person's Original Post leading to him blowing up. Nor did it appear that he was going to take a saw or blow torch to the fuel line.
He saw something and asked about it - I am sure if he took more time to look into it - he would have figured it out. If he posted that he was about to cut this thing open - I likely would have agreed with the immediate response to get a different hobby.

The inside of a bus is a big place - and it does seem strange to run a fuel line through the interior like that (though I have seen buses like that). To me, It was a valid question.

Many people with simple questions that seem "ignorant" go on to build very nice safe buses - after all, we learn by asking. I am more at risk of being run-off the road and blow up by a distracted and / or careless driver than from being blown up because someone asked a question so that he did not do anything wrong.

Just because someone asks something does not mean they don't know anything. Assuming that is pretty ignorant.

But, again, I was trying to let the original post know that it was okay to ask his question - and I was criticizing a rude remark.

But - you clearly have a different opinion, and that's okay. I appreciate the criticism of my criticizing.

You quote one of my posts and reply to another. You reply to stuff out of context. This is just a snarky reply with no real meaning and actually proves my point that your posts are not helpful but are critical, self righteous posts.

Since this the second post/time that have brought up the subject that you think the fuel filler coming into the interior is strange/silly I will try to reply to that, since that may actually have some value.

"The inside of a bus is a big place - and it does seem strange to run a fuel line through the interior like that (though I have seen buses like that). To me, It was a valid question."

In an earlier post you stated:

"Note: I think that is a silly place for the fuel intake line - but I didn't design the bus. Mine is all under the floor level - My fuel cap is right on the fuel tank. Just because I think that is a silly place to run a fuel line - doesn't mean I think the bus manufacture should give up and start making bicycles or teddy bears. They may have a reason that I just don't understand. I still think it is in a silly spot."

I've never thought about it before, but here goes. School buses are designed with the safety of the children in mind. The designer may have thought that putting the gas tank in between the frame rails or in some other protected place was a good idea to avoid a side impact causing an explosion or fuel spill. Technically the fuel filler was not inside the bus anymore than the engine is inside the bus, at least not until the protective/separating metal plate was removed. The filler cap has to be up higher than the tank to allow for gravity flow to fill the tank. You do know that the fuel filler only has fuel in it while it is being filled and diesel is not nearly as flammable as gasoline

Personally, I am glad that you did not design the bus. This bus may have other silly safety features, who knows.

BTW, most pickups from the mid 1960s and earlier actually had the entire gas tank behind the seat. They finally realized that although it was a good place impact wise, it was terrible in a turn over situation. Been there, done that.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
I appreciate the fact that you have spent the time to analyze all of this.

And I am glad you have found a target for your hatred.

Clearly, I offended you in someway - and you believe your opinion is much more valid than mine. I am sorry that you are so worked up over something that I said to/about someone’s response to a post.

And, thank you for sharing why you believe the fuel line is where it is in the picture. Your explanation clearly makes someone questioning it seem idiotic and warrant of giving up to find a new hobby.

I hope you can enjoy a nice cup of tea and relax before you venture back out in the world - because you seem to have a lot of unwarranted anger.

But, I do apologize if I offended you.

Anger away in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidharris View Post
You quote one of my posts and reply to another. You reply to stuff out of context. This is just a snarky reply with no real meaning and actually proves my point that your posts are not helpful but are critical, self righteous posts.

Since this the second post/time that have brought up the subject that you think the fuel filler coming into the interior is strange/silly I will try to reply to that, since that may actually have some value.

"The inside of a bus is a big place - and it does seem strange to run a fuel line through the interior like that (though I have seen buses like that). To me, It was a valid question."

In an earlier post you stated:

"Note: I think that is a silly place for the fuel intake line - but I didn't design the bus. Mine is all under the floor level - My fuel cap is right on the fuel tank. Just because I think that is a silly place to run a fuel line - doesn't mean I think the bus manufacture should give up and start making bicycles or teddy bears. They may have a reason that I just don't understand. I still think it is in a silly spot."

I've never thought about it before, but here goes. School buses are designed with the safety of the children in mind. The designer may have thought that putting the gas tank in between the frame rails or in some other protected place was a good idea to avoid a side impact causing an explosion or fuel spill. Technically the fuel filler was not inside the bus anymore than the engine is inside the bus, at least not until the protective/separating metal plate was removed. The filler cap has to be up higher than the tank to allow for gravity flow to fill the tank. You do know that the fuel filler only has fuel in it while it is being filled and diesel is not nearly as flammable as gasoline

Personally, I am glad that you did not design the bus. This bus may have other silly safety features, who knows.

BTW, most pickups from the mid 1960s and earlier actually had the entire gas tank behind the seat. They finally realized that although it was a good place impact wise, it was terrible in a turn over situation. Been there, done that.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
It's an E-450, which explains why the gas fill is there. You can clearly see it at 4:30 of this video. Or in the cover shot.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Quote:
I appreciate the fact that you have spent the time to analyze all of this.

And I am glad you have found a target for your hatred.

Clearly, I offended you in someway - and you believe your opinion is much more valid than mine. I am sorry that you are so worked up over something that I said to/about someone’s response to a post.

And, thank you for sharing why you believe the fuel line is where it is in the picture. Your explanation clearly makes someone questioning it seem idiotic and warrant of giving up to find a new hobby.

I hope you can enjoy a nice cup of tea and relax before you venture back out in the world - because you seem to have a lot of unwarranted anger.

But, I do apologize if I offended you.

Anger away in peace.

OK, I come to this forum for ideas, inspiration, and somtimes there is even a little humor here, not to listen to the endless crap that you spew. Once again, nothing useful came out of your post.

I "shared" why I "believe the fuel line is where it is in the picture" so that someone contemplating moving the filler cap to somewhere less "silly" might realize why it was "inside the bus"....it needs to be higher than the fuel tank to work. I was just trying to contribute to the subject of the thread. It had nothing to do with your BS ..."makes someone questioning it seem idiotic and warrant of giving up to find a new hobby." Never occurred to me. I am a little more straight forward than that. I guess you think everyone thinks like you do. Honestly, a lot of what you say doesn't make sense to me, is English your first language?

(more thoughts on the fuel filler - A generally recognized concept in gravity flow plumbing is that a 1/4 inch per foot min slope should be maintained at all points which is usually ok for household plumbing and gutters, this is why household drain pipes are sized like they are to accommodate the 1/4 inch per foot rule on lateral runs per codes.. More is better, more slope = faster flow which would be needed to be sure the fuel flow to the tank exceeded the input flow from the service station pump. So... if you lower the filler to get it inside of the floor you will need to lower the fuel tank or ????)

BTW, regardless of what you think you know about me, I am not angry and I haven't ever felt the emotion hate, but I have been known to get P.Oed. I just can't stand your pompous, holier than thou narcissistic BS. Don't you have a dog to rescue? Or do they find you too annoying also? Bye.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:18 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Newbie Question -- What's This?

[emoji1787]

Thank you for sharing your google research on the gas tank positioning - The video of an E450 cutaway bus that you posted as 01marc / then this explanation of the decent of fuel help make sense of a things that were not really in question.

I haven’t seen myself as pompous (but you would know better than me) - just annoyed that you (and/or 01marc) feel you know more than so many others and thus feel you need to try and ridicule people.
Keep up the good work - maybe create yet another profile to support yourself.

Note: being pissed off and angry are synonyms. I know that as a person who speaks English. Thanks for being so hasty in judging me based on a few posts.

I am sure that dogs find me too annoying - that was such a brilliant comment. You really got me with that one. It basically summed up your entire purpose for commenting on my post.

Quote:
OK, I come to this forum for ideas, inspiration, and somtimes there is even a little humor here, not to listen to the endless crap that you spew. Once again, nothing useful came out of your post.

I "shared" why I "believe the fuel line is where it is in the picture" so that someone contemplating moving the filler cap to somewhere less "silly" might realize why it was "inside the bus"....it needs to be higher than the fuel tank to work. I was just trying to contribute to the subject of the thread. It had nothing to do with your BS ..."makes someone questioning it seem idiotic and warrant of giving up to find a new hobby." Never occurred to me. I am a little more straight forward than that. I guess you think everyone thinks like you do. Honestly, a lot of what you say doesn't make sense to me, is English your first language?

(more info - A generally recognized concept in gravity flow plumbing is that a 1/4 inch per foot min slope should be maintained at all points which is usually ok for household plumbing and gutters, this is why household drain pipes are sized like they are to accommodate the 1/4 inch per foot rule on lateral runs per codes.. More is better, more slope = faster flow which would be needed to be sure the fuel flow to the tank exceeded the input flow from the service station pump. So... if you lower the filler to get it inside of the floor you will need to lower the fuel tank or ????)

BTW, regardless of what you think you know about me, I am not angry and I haven't ever felt the emotion hate, but I have been known to get P.Oed. I just can't stand your pompous, holier than thou narcissistic BS. Don't you have a dog to rescue? Or do they find you too annoying also? Bye.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Quote:
[emoji1787]

Thank you for sharing your google research on the gas tank positioning - The video of an E450 cutaway bus that you posted as 01marc / then this explanation of the decent of fuel help make sense of a things that were not really in question.

I haven’t seen myself as pompous (but you would know better than me) - just annoyed that you (and/or 01marc) feel you know more than so many others and thus feel you need to try and ridicule people.
Keep up the good work - maybe create yet another profile to support yourself.

Note: being pissed off and angry are synonyms. I know that as a person who speaks English. Thanks for being so hasty in judging me based on a few posts.

I am sure that dogs find me too annoying - that was such a brilliant comment. You really got me with that one. It basically summed up your entire purpose for commenting on my post.

That was 01marc that did the research. Your reading comprehension skills would be laughable if your comments weren't so obnoxious.

"I haven’t seen myself as pompous (but you would know better than me) - just annoyed that you (and/or 01marc)" why are you picking on 01marc again? He didn't say anything to you. He is too smart for that.

"Note: being pissed off and angry are synonyms. I know that as a person who speaks English." WOW - I'm impressed.

Now what I said was " I am not angry" and "but I have been known to get P.Oed." That still translates, synonyms and all to "I have been angry before in my life, but I am not angry now." So whats your point? You speak English, but you don't understand it?

"Thanks for being so hasty in judging me based on a few posts." This whole thing got kicked off by you judging 01marc on 1 post.

"I am sure that dogs find me too annoying" at least you realize that.

"that was such a brilliant comment." I thought so too.
"You really got me with that one." Evidently
"It basically summed up your entire purpose for commenting on my post." You should have read the rest of the post - or did you have trouble understanding it?

Dog Rescuer, that was absolutely the last time I pay any attention to you
Old 07-14-2019, 11:23 PM   #47
Skoolie

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

While there are definitely elements of interior design in building a skoolie, if it is to remain roadworthy, it's a motor vehicle FIRST. There is literally nothing else the fill tube could be. But, more importantly, if you look into a big van interior and see a box attached to the wall and floor, there is NO chance that it's there for any reason other than to protect something. It seems obvious to me that you should know what it's protecting before even considering removing it!

It's obvious to those who actually do have knowledge, that if somebody doesn't instantly recognize the hazards of working on a motor vehicle, or the house plumbing and electrical, they should stick with the decorating phase so as to not burn down the house!
Old 07-15-2019, 05:01 AM   #48
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Old 07-15-2019, 06:37 AM   #49
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
^
AGREED!!!
(How'd you manage to post that without the requisite 10 characters?)
Old 07-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #50
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
^
AGREED!!!
(How'd you manage to post that without the requisite 10 characters?)
The link pasted has enough characters.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:18 AM   #51
Bus Nut

Thanks again for taking up so much of your time to create a response that said nothing more than your original defense of your friend’s post (if you two are not the same person...)

Keep up the good work. You have clearly righted my wrongfully posted reaction to a post.

Thanks, again!

[emoji240][emoji100]

Quote:
That was 01marc that did the research. Your reading comprehension skills would be laughable if your comments weren't so obnoxious.

"I haven’t seen myself as pompous (but you would know better than me) - just annoyed that you (and/or 01marc)" why are you picking on 01marc again? He didn't say anything to you. He is too smart for that.

"Note: being pissed off and angry are synonyms. I know that as a person who speaks English." WOW - I'm impressed.

Now what I said was " I am not angry" and "but I have been known to get P.Oed." That still translates, synonyms and all to "I have been angry before in my life, but I am not angry now." So whats your point? You speak English, but you don't understand it?

"Thanks for being so hasty in judging me based on a few posts." This whole thing got kicked off by you judging 01marc on 1 post.

"I am sure that dogs find me too annoying" at least you realize that.

"that was such a brilliant comment." I thought so too.
"You really got me with that one." Evidently
"It basically summed up your entire purpose for commenting on my post." You should have read the rest of the post - or did you have trouble understanding it?

Dog Rescuer, that was absolutely the last time I pay any attention to you
Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #52
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
I AM SHUTTING IT DOWN.

Hope we can keep our personal opinions at bay and move along.
Closed Thread