Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2018, 01:10 AM   #1

Newbie questions, just browsing

My wife and I have 3 kids and figure "go big or go home" with this build (literally and figuratively). So we're looking for a 40'+ pusher preferably with as much stock height as possible. I read the RE is best for floor space and comfort, and that is important. I'm also guessing there is less weight without the 40' long drive axle and exhaust?

I'm also on the fence about a roof raise. I'm only 5'10 and not to worried, but would like to better insulate the floor and ceiling so am worried about height a little. I'm thinking of Thomas' hdx or an equivalent? Those are a little taller right?

This lot is about 1700 miles away but I was looking at buses like these. What do y'all think? Price seems high for those miles right.
https://www.lasvegasbussales.com/inv...ol-bus-b24409/

Thanks for helping or a new guy.

Cptcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1972
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 366 BBC
Hello! I'm fairly green too but I can answer some Q's..

-RE is the way to go! Only way I would go!!! Much more room, simple exhaust, and most importantly very easy to service the engine!

-I'm 5'11 and do not have a roof raise, its fine, doesn't bug me but if I was to do it from scratch I'd probably raise the roof.

-My bus has spray foam in between the ceiling and roof, ans spray foam under the bus floor, so none of this intrudes on head room

-Don't discount old buses, mines from 1972.. Its very simple, and very well built.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:27 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

IC, Thomas, and BB all made high headroom models.

For IC it was made standard on the IC RE in about model year 2000. Thomas and BB still offer the high headroom as an option.

I might be mistaken but the bus you highlighted does not look like a high headroom model. 72"-74" is not very high. By the way, Las Vegas/NW Bus Sales have a tendency to be extra proud of the buses they have for sale.

Speaking of older buses, Gillig and Crown had the high roof since the '50's to the end of production. There are still a few of them out there for sale but the prices tend to be a bit higher.
https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d...735107726.html
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote