Newby has some questions
Hi Ive always fancied seeing people driving around their own buses, and now Im actually considering it. I had a few questions for you seasoned bus owners. Im looking at a '83 Chevy shortbus. He says it runs fine (I plan on talking it out for a spin tomorrow) and wants $2100 for it. Looks fine from the outside with no majoy rust. So I have a few questions:
1) Is this a good price for one of these?
2) What should I look for when checking this out?
3) What typical milage should I probably be getting?
4) It doesnt have AC...is it generally cheap to put one in? Or do you use a generator?
5) How is the maintenance and upkeep for these things usually? Parts and work pretty expensive?
Thanks for any feedback...