Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Super Coach
Engine: Detroit 6L-71 Turbo
Other Newbie Wants Advice...

I've heard that the best engine for a WVO conversion is a Detroit Diesel because of it's lower pressure fuel injection. Is this true?

Could a rebuilt Cummins 555 work just as well running WVO or will the high-pressure injection daunt the life of the engine after the conversion?

I've made two posts before this and only gotten 2 responses...if someone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction in terms of what to look for, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SoulFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Other Newbie Wants Advice...

You might getter better repsonse in the WVO section. Also, though it's a popular idea, there are not a lot of us doing this so you're 'qualfied responses' will be from the limited few on here that have done this. Though I work for a truck dealer that is licenced Detriot, Cummins & Cat I really haven't got an answer for you since this is not something that we deal with. I can tell you this much, the injector pump on the Cummins is NOT cheap, so if the WVO does mess it up (and I'm not saying it will) you'll have a high dollar pump on your list...

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote