Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Placement of front passenger seat?

I've done a little planning on how I want to design my bus once I get it, and this planning includes looking inside Class A RVs for general ideas. I suppose I can reasonably assume that most such RVs have the entrance door right up front near the passenger seat. On RVs, the passenger seat is level with the driver's seat, and this is my goal with the bus as well instead of have the passenger seat slightly behind the driver's seat. However, it doesn't seem as easy to accomplish this without making some modifications to the bus. Though given the fact that it's a school bus being converted to an RV, I suppose modification is relative and one or two more tasks to add to the list won't hurt. I've had a few ideas:

- Move entrance door to the middle (accomplished here: http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27627)
- Have a passenger seat which can slide back and forth (accomplished here: http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtop...t+green#p92553
- Have a hinged platform which comes up and covers the stairs when the entrance door is closed. Sitting on the front passenger seat where the floor is a few feet below you might be intimidating.

That's what I came up with. I'm hoping others can contribute with their own ideas and feedback, or perhaps they've come up with their own unique solution they're willing to share?

stonestatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: Placement of front passenger seat?

Biggest issue I faced was the engine compartment and doghouse door was not symetrical on our FE flatnose.
There wasn't enough room to comfortly put a passenger seat there w/o having my lovely wife have to climb over the doghouse.
So we kept the front door and moved the seat backwards....she can prop her legs upon the doghouse and relax comfortly...so she's happy....now
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote