Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Re: Planning Layout for bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkbailey
Oh, I have a neighbor that drives an International semi. I was out measuring his doors and I think they will fit on the bus nicely. We will see how adventurous I get. I like the idea of having at least a driver side door to get in and out of while stopping for gas, if I move the door to the middle of the bus as shown above.
This may or may not be realistic. Many buses have the major electrical equipment right there on the driver's left. Sure, it could all be relocated, but what an awfully complex job.

Best of luck!

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Re: Planning Layout for bus.

I drove a semi for many years, I much prefer the bus method of stand up and walk down steps.
IMO, having the entrance door back farther on the side, uses up valuable floor space. If you put the
passenger seat at the very edge of the front foot well, the passenger is only about a foot farther back
than the driver. That's only about 6 inches farther than most people ride in their cars with the passenger
seat moved back. A floor for the passenger can be easy or complex. I have a hinged drop down one, my
son has an electric one that disappears into the floor under the seat.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote