Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Plumb, level, and square?

Originally Posted by family wagon
Glad I could make your day.

See if I ask you all any more perfectionist questions!
We are perfectionists, normally.What you do not understand is that you will not get that in a moving vebicle that moves down imperfect roads and parks in imperfect places. Not only that, I hope that you are not under the illusion that the bus is always the same size.

We used to own an aluminum on steel frame coach. I had read for a few years that the coaches grew and shrunk depending on the ambient temps. It sounded so farfetched that I got my 100 foot tape out and measured the 40 foot coach. Sure enough, it grew a little over 1 inch on a midsummer day where the mornings require a sweater and by noon
you are in shorts. I'm going to guess that our steel on steel framed skoolie does the same.

Let's not forget that, unlike a house, a bus can change locations possibly subjecting it to different humidity and/or temperature levels which can effect the materials used in both the construction and conversion of the bus causing these materials to shrink or expand as conditions dictate. If adequate expansion space is not allotted for during construction then damage can occur.

The best thing that I can advise you to do it very simple. Go to your User Control Panel, locate the FOes list and put my name on it. That way you will not see any posts IHave on the forums. I will do the same for you. This way I will not make the mistake of answering any of your questions.
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote