Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Almost There

Plywood that curls?

Hi all, I have never seen this stuff before and found it very cool, so maybe it will be of interest to someone. It looks to be a little over a quarter inch thick, 4 x 8 sheets and it will form a perfect curl. I know there are skoolies in the PNW so wanted to give a heads up if interested. The rebuilding center in Portland Ore has stacks of it in. Would be perfect for the ceilings in busses.... Leslie

Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Plywood that curls?

I believe what your referring to is Luan plywood. Basically its a thin plywood thats not to expensive and can be formed to fit curves. I plan on using it for walls, cabinet facing, and ceiling cover. In the areas where I need more rigidity I will step it up to half inch or more plywood where applicable.

Chris
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybus
Naw Salty, he is correct. The stuff is sold as benda-board. It is actually half inch plywood that actually bends. It is pretty cool stuff. It is used in arches and things like that. I once had a piece that I marveled about so, I kept in my garage for about 15 years. It finally went into my wood stove after I said 'what the heck am I keeping this for?'.
"She" please... Leslie
Old 02-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug
... It looks to be a little over a quarter inch thick, 4 x 8 sheets and it will form a perfect curl..... Leslie
I think you saw something similar to Timberflex http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/lg_d...aster/page/498 There are similar products (depending on your use) like Flexboard, Econokore, Kerfcore and the even older product "Camoflage Tambour" http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/lg_d...aster/page/239. These have been available to cabinet builders for many years. I've know folks who have used the Camoflage Tambour to build "hidden" doors that allow them to tuck safes, electronics, security systems and all kinds of stuff away from prying eyes.

I love Outwater Plastics! So much neat stuff. And I can buy just one or two pieces of something rather than 50 ft or more. They have one of the better selections of Rev-a-shelf available in single pieces instead of case lots. I used to buy from the fairly often back when I had a cabinet company (mid 1980's).

BTW, nice to see another "girl" here.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Almost There

Quote:
Surrrrre you are gals. This is the internet. I guess I would know if you'all were gals. If it were the case, then I, Me, the greatest tomcat that ever lived, would worship the ground you walked on, if you were really skoolie girls, which is not likely. Probability-1 in 10000. But nice try.
So, are you being funny? Hard to tell.... from your post on another topic you didn't seem to think much of women...... Leslie
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug
So, are you being funny? Hard to tell.... from your post on another topic you didn't seem to think much of women...... Leslie
I think it is great that there are females capable of doing anything a man can do. And why not, so many men act like little girls!!!
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 1978
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: ford
Engine: 406 Ford
Rated Cap: 25

Jeez man, is there something going on here that only you and the girls are aware of. Why the harsh words? I don't know any of you personally, but one of the things I like(d) about this sight is that it's generally easy going and light-hearted, focused on good stuff- not ****- slinging grade school name calling. Come on, mightybus, where's the might in name calling over a computer?
Just my $.02...
bus-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Surrrrre you are gals. This is the internet. I guess I would know if you'all were gals. If it were the case, then I, Me, the greatest tomcat that ever lived, would worship the ground you walked on, if you were really skoolie girls, which is not likely. Probability-1 in 10000. But nice try.

You got me! I'm really a guy. I weigh 320# and I am God's gift to women! Sure, my hair is getting a little thin on top but my fishing cap can cover that and I can chug a case of beer down faster than anyone in my family. I am the greatest. I'm gonna name my bus "THE LUV SHACK" and pick up some of those lonely girls that stand down there on the corner admiring all the cars that go by.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote