Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #1
Almost There

Pressure washed the inside of my bus today.

I picked it up in Asheville NC, and have driven it to texas, and stoped at a friends house.

Some info on my bus.. it runs on veg oil, and the previous owner was quite DIRTY. Im talking oil all over the floor. The stank of used oil on the carpet and such. GROSS.

My friend had a pressure washer. I ripped out EVERYTHING that the previous owner had in there. carpet, wannabeinsulation, wannabe bed, etc.

Pour a whole bottle of degreasing soap on everything, and got to spraying. drying etc. Its so nice to have it clean inside. it smells like a slight hint of soapy cleanliness now. I actually feel at peace in it now.

ahh.. now just to get it back to AZ where I can start work on making it liveable.

My friend also gave me a hood ornimant today. The hindu god shiva. gonna put it on the bus tomarrow.

ParadigmCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

And you drove that smelly thing from NC to Texas? You must have been quite fired up when it came to ripping out all of the old stuff! I had a case of the gross-outs just from the little bits of decayed, unknowable things that the seniors had shoved down between the seat in my bus, so you have my admiration and sympathy! If your task had been mine, I'd probably still be alternating hot showers with shots of tequila!
suzy_F_homemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Almost There

yeah! I took a shower everychance I could get. I had a few friends houses along the way to sleep in, but we did sleep in the bus a few times along the way. luckily it had a cot so I didnt have to sleep on the floor. We tossed a few things out at dumps at what not. There was a half installed sink and such which got tossed immediately.

Actually we drove to Virginia Beach first to stay with a friend for his birthday, then drove from there to texas! Ive already driven my bus over 2000 miles.
ParadigmCrime is offline   Reply With Quote