Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Location: Mtn. Home Idaho - 1982 Superior propane powered chevy 366
Raising the roof skoolie question

Hello all, had a quick question on raising the roof on a 82 superior skoolie. After the rivits are drilled out how are you guys seperating the panels that are gooed together without warping the metal? I imagin if I were to pry them apart I'd have a warped mess. Are you guys applying a heat gun or is the goo not really all that strong to begin with. I'm planning to go up 16 inches and am also in the process of finding a big rig visor that I could use not only for looks on the front, but as a device to throw the up and over the flat wall I'll be creating on the front of this thing, anybody already find one that works, might just have to fab one... anyways thanks guys!
Mike.

Gyva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Raising the roof skoolie question

Ya the panels I was talking about were the rear panels that the 2 windows sit in on each side of the rear door, I wanted to keep those windows and am going to raise the windows with the top. thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Raising the roof skoolie question

And also wondering how the front oval above the windshield is secured to the windshield frame. I see no rivits, is it gooed only? or are there spot welds hiding under the paint, this would also need to come apart and I would not want to warp this. Thanks skoolie folks...

Mike.

P.S. Dont worry I'll take several photots and upload them so you guys can follow my progress.