Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Bus Geek

REAR DECK

I ordered some material today to start on the rear deck, my vision is something similar to a caboose.
I will have fold down steps on drvside, a ladder to roof and a "disquised" generator box on the pass side.
We sha'll see how this turns out.

I am thinking about maybe having the deck be able to lift up so the departer angle isn't affected to much.

So if it drags it will raise up about a foot...who knows it'll probable stay solid; since I really don't see clearance being an issue

it's alot higher than a road coach

whatcha all think?

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: REAR DECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
I ordered some material today to start on the rear deck, my vision is something similar to a caboose.
I will have fold down steps on drvside, a ladder to roof and a "disquised" generator box on the pass side.
We sha'll see how this turns out.

I am thinking about maybe having the deck be able to lift up so the departer angle isn't affected to much.

So if it drags it will raise up about a foot...who knows it'll probable stay solid; since I really don't see clearance being an issue

it's alot higher than a road coach

whatcha all think?
I think you ain't right...... But then what do I know.....
If you can see it...... Build it... Please post picz, man this is the most interesting forum on the web......
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Bus Geek

wow that is way more than I have time for...very slick tho'
I have about 30 days until next major trip(in sept 2013) to get a bunch done....this conversion will honestly take 5 or 10 years....just to decide what we want to end up with and still use it.
I figured it will still be a "skooolie" nomatter what we do with it...so I said as calvin did...piss on it let's have fun...so begins the "next project"
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John
http://www.robgray.com/graynomad/wothahellizat/index.php

This deck completely folds away when not needed, and it's ingeniously self-supporting. In fact the whole vehicle shows a flair for design and workmanship that inspires me to make my bus even half as good!

Maybe you can glean a few ideas from it?

John
All my ideals involve $$$ for scrap ..... Kinda like clunkers for cash!
just messing with you.......
A self supporting deck that's usable when parked, folds away for storage/movement is an excellent idea. like I said earlier...... If you can see it/build it
ps keep me posted ........ man I gotta see this!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Bansil, I've got to get one of those calendars you're using--you know , 30 days equals 1213, Sept? I'd really like to take my completed bus to Yosemite in June, 2013. Can I get one on line? Oh well, I guess slow work takes time so what the heck.

All kidding aside, lets see your plans! Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote