Re: Rear engine?
with a rear engine you have
1) no "doghouse" in the front to climb over to get into the drivers seat,
2)lots more room to work on the engine, all of the major mechanicals are together in the back and accessable from outside, no mess in the living room, also a plus in a dognose bus.
3) smoother ride, can be overcome on a fe with airride rear suspension
4) quieter ride, less engine noise
5) the inability to have a large rear door for loading large toys into the "garage"
6) front engine units are easier to modify into a trailer toter, or shorten the overhang behind the axle.
the choice of front or rear engine is mostly a matter of what your primary end use / desires are