Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All Canadian FE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
refurbishing fridges and stoves

Does anyone know of a great site for refurbishing/modernizing vintage fridges and stoves? I'm assuming the gas stove will be a cake walk but I have a feeling the fridge will have to be trashed in which case the door will end up being a decorative cupboard face lol...

www.flythecoop.ca
pictureLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: refurbishing fridges and stoves

I'm sure a search of the internet will turn up a few things. You may end up buying a new refrigerator and putting the old door on it. As for painting, I painted our white freezer black to match all the other appliances. I still have to make the new "vintage" metal signs that I will attach to the fronts. I'm going to paint them with POP chalky paint. One of the freezer signs will be the same ice cream cone I designed and painted on the food cart when we switched it over to hand dipped ice cream in waffle cones.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote