Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Helpful?
Yea 3 100.00%
Nah 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #1

Registration - ontario, canada

Hey so I've seen and read a few threads about registration for us up north and in the province of Ontario.

From my understanding you need to meet certain criteria. They are as following:

-certain number of modifications (sink, heat, toilet, bedroom, fridge, water supply, electricity etc)
-To remove specific signage, safety and yellow colour from the bus.
-weigh under 11,000kg (25,000lbs)

Am I missing anything else?

I was on the phone today with Service Ontario, they said I would need the normal papers required to register any vehicle, PLUS a declaration stating what has been done to the bus.
AND ontop of that they instructed me to the MTO website, search "seu". This will lead you to a request form and there I have filled out a request to get full instructions and requirements from the MTO so that when my bus is done and ready for registration, it will be a smooth day!

In light of all this I hope Service Ontario and the MTO will realize that this is getting popular and will be able to provide this information on demand!

I will update this thread once I hear back from the MTO directly. It will be signed by them and myself! That way I have an official letter from the department and there is NO more confusion. Because honestly it is so nice to have people to help you with the information, but if the government staff has no idea what requirements or qualifications your skoolie needs, it does no help to refer them to skoolie.net lol.

Share your registration experience from ONTARIO or CANADA here! This is mine this far. Hope it helps someone out there

Calvin N Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B3800 Short bus
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 36
Another little tip I learned from speaking with the MTO folk at the St. Catharine's head office is to find a publicly run ServiceOntario, not a privately run one. They will often be found in other provincial government buildings. The advice holds true for myself, anyhow.

Me: "Hi, I'm looking to relocate an overwide mobile home. It's a one time move. What do I need?"
Privately run location: "You'll need to register and plate the trailer. Then you'll have to figure out the permit. Bye."
Publicly run location: "There is no registration process for mobile home trailers and no permits are required from us. Here, let me call the MTO office and ask about wide load permits on their end of things..." (I said not to worry about that part since I had already called them)

I had often wondered why one ServiceOntario was so helpful and knowledgeable and the other location was just churning through the basics (health card renewal, drivers license renewal, license plates). Turns out the helpful location was publicly run and had full training. The privately run location trains the workers on the basics and plunks them behind the counter.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin N Hobbes View Post
Hey so I've seen and read a few threads about registration for us up north and in the province of Ontario.

From my understanding you need to meet certain criteria. They are as following:

-certain number of modifications (sink, heat, toilet, bedroom, fridge, water supply, electricity etc)
-To remove specific signage, safety and yellow colour from the bus.
-weigh under 11,000kg (25,000lbs)

Am I missing anything else?

I was on the phone today with Service Ontario, they said I would need the normal papers required to register any vehicle, PLUS a declaration stating what has been done to the bus.
AND ontop of that they instructed me to the MTO website, search "seu". This will lead you to a request form and there I have filled out a request to get full instructions and requirements from the MTO so that when my bus is done and ready for registration, it will be a smooth day!

In light of all this I hope Service Ontario and the MTO will realize that this is getting popular and will be able to provide this information on demand!

I will update this thread once I hear back from the MTO directly. It will be signed by them and myself! That way I have an official letter from the department and there is NO more confusion. Because honestly it is so nice to have people to help you with the information, but if the government staff has no idea what requirements or qualifications your skoolie needs, it does no help to refer them to skoolie.net lol.

Share your registration experience from ONTARIO or CANADA here! This is mine this far. Hope it helps someone out there
In Ottawa - trying to do this- I didn't find any forms saying SEU- is that the French forms maybe?
Minnie3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, ontario, register, registration