Old 02-08-2005, 07:36 AM   #11
The taking out the seats process in our last was a total nightmare which took 3 days to complete…
I got underneath with a socket setup and screamed For Gawds sakes Millie…stick the vise grips on the bolt head that’s moving around a bit…not the other one you pinhead…

When I picked up our newest Bus ,,,,I asked Millie to help take out the seats…she promptly told me to drop dead…and stormed back into the house..
So I got civilized about this and picked up a little Dewalt Angle grinder.

It worked great…and I highly recommend it as the right tool for this type of job.
One detail I did notice , was after grinding on the bolts heads for awhile…the bolts would get really hot and the rubber floor would starting smoking…
So I’d stop and dribble a bit of water on it , just to be safe.
Once the Bolt head was cut off ,
I took a beat up Phillips screwdriver ,held it on the bolt and whacked it with a hammer…to knock the bolt out .

For filling the holes …I used exterior caulking. I figured since the holes were going through rough plywood the caulking would expand enough and stay in place.
I did think of using wooden dowels for filling the holes…but decided to keep things simple.

I completely agree with Jake !!!! Wear some sort of respirator or you’re going to hacking up black sooty bits for a couple of days.
Eye protection is a given here too….

Are you questioning my Aaa-thoritttyy ?
soused moose is offline   Reply With Quote

« Air Idea | Tranny »