Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Renting

Hi All! This may be a huge stretch, but is there such thing as renting to own or just renting a skoolie in general? I've even looked into conversion companies and I don't think my credit is up to parr to even apply. Thanks in advance!

Printrim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Those companies are nothing special. No one should go into debt for a used school bus.
Most folks don't want to rent something out to folks after they spend so much time and money building it. You can rent an RV. That would give you an idea of how you like living in a motorhome.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I'd be wary of renting my skoolie (when I actually have one. . . )

I'm wary of rentals in general, especially because sometimes you don't get back the thing you rented out. Cars, tools, clothes - its the same all around. There are certain people that I'd pretty much hand over just about anything to - because I know I'll get it back in better shape, or if its something like a tool, and it breaks, they'll replace it. But that's a REALLY short list.

I wouldn't want to risk all the time and sweat equity invested in a skoolie for a little cash for a rental. I'm also not sure I'd trust my build quality to hold up - I'm not saying that I'm a bad builder, but a lot of people on here build things their own way, with their own design in mind - so a random stranger might not be able to figure out how to fix it.

Insurance is also questionable enough - the last thing I'd want to do is have someone get into an accident, and have the insurance company find out I was using it for commercial purposes - and deny a claim.

Nothing wrong with the skoolie conversion companies, you're just trading your time, labor, and sweat, by paying someone else to do it for you.
Mark_In_MA is offline   Reply With Quote