Old 10-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #11
Bus Nut
Year: 1983
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 Gasser
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Replacing the front door

I am following this thread. I currently have a RV door but the hinge pins are bent and not really sure if I want to go through the pains of messing with it.

All the RV door kits I have seen are DEATHLY expensive. To me 400-500 dollars for a RV door is not really an option. As I have stated before I have the hardest time finding parts rvs in my area. They seem to be made of gold here in DFW.

I would like to put a house hold metal exterior. Nothing fancy just straight boring flat metal. I would like to cut in a inset glass with a blind that can be raised and lowered when needed and opened and closed like you have on mini blind in your house. Probably to the safest thing int he world but I can reinforce a pull down metal slide on the inside to to deter this.

So if you have any ideas on this please share. I am also willing to make my own door is someone has a step by step process?

Not opposed to wood just prefer metal if given a choice
Here is my school bus conversion thread

Pics of my conversion @ photobucket
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Bus Crazy
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Replacing the front door

We replaced ours with an Anderson security storm door. It has laminated glass, a full length hinge and a three point latch with a key lock. It's 2 years old now and aside from a few squeaks it's been solid.

The Roach Motel
roach711 is offline   Reply With Quote