Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
chev49; I'd love to see an example of the flat roof if you've got any photos. I was cussing this curved roof something fierce for a while.

Booyah45828; I also like my top hatch for ventilation. I've tried to talk myself into tinning over the hatch and installing a fan for ventilation, but as things are now I don't need a fan. I do however need a way to lock the top hatch when I'm away from the bus.
These buses are well designed to hold heat in the winter, and during the summer the top hatch is the best bet for letting heat out because it's higher than the windows and doors.
I'd like an AC if I can mount it under the floor like I've seen others do. That is brilliant to be able to use a large window AC and duct it up into the living area, as someone here recently did.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
chev49; I'd love to see an example of the flat roof if you've got any photos. I was cussing this curved roof something fierce for a while.

Booyah45828; I also like my top hatch for ventilation. I've tried to talk myself into tinning over the hatch and installing a fan for ventilation, but as things are now I don't need a fan. I do however need a way to lock the top hatch when I'm away from the bus.
These buses are well designed to hold heat in the winter, and during the summer the top hatch is the best bet for letting heat out because it's higher than the windows and doors.
I'd like an AC if I can mount it under the floor like I've seen others do. That is brilliant to be able to use a large window AC and duct it up into the living area, as someone here recently did.
I did not take pictures of the bus with the flat roof. However, It is built exactly the same as the roof on a box truck. I was also thinking that it could be built upside down with the ceiling partly finished, flipped over and installed.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Well after thinking it over what I think I'm going to do is order 2 units, both will be 15000 btu plus add a heat strip to one of them install & temp wire them up while i'm converting the inside. Since Ca summers run in the 90's to over 100 deg ( calling for 107 today) this will give me some idea since I'm not insulated yet if 2 will be sufficient or not.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #24
Bus Geek

That sounds like it would be a sauna without air today. Depends a lot on humidity.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
That sounds like it would be a sauna without air today. Depends a lot on humidity.
No it's a dry heat today
Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #26
Bus Geek

I don't mind dry heat.

It's all that dripping from my face and head that bugs me in humid heat. Like that foreign east coast. Turn down the humidity.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Well, 2ea 15000 BTU roof top Ac units ordered today, Low profile Dometics Penquin ll's both with heat pumps plus Ceiling grills muti zone controller plus I went ahead & threw in a distribution panel/ charger,