Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #1

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 48
Rubber Roofing on the Floor?

Does anybody think that used rubber roofing would be a bad idea on a floor? Heres the situation: we have our insulation and plywood down, we want something waterproof across the whole floor before we build up cabinets and whatnot but arn't loving the vinyl options. By putting the rubber down we can figure out our flooring optoins latter to go ontop of it, or even change them in a year and still be completely waterproof. I can get a piece to do the whole bus for $50

Do you think the rubber will trap moisture in the floor?

Has anyone else done this?

Thank you everyone.

Arquebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arquebus View Post
Does anybody think that used rubber roofing would be a bad idea on a floor? Heres the situation: we have our insulation and plywood down, we want something waterproof across the whole floor before we build up cabinets and whatnot but arn't loving the vinyl options. By putting the rubber down we can figure out our flooring optoins latter to go ontop of it, or even change them in a year and still be completely waterproof. I can get a piece to do the whole bus for $50

Do you think the rubber will trap moisture in the floor?

Has anyone else done this?

Thank you everyone.
I was going to do just that until & got ahold of the manufacture & told them what I wanted to do and they said "ABSOULUTLY NOT YOU WILL NEVER GET RID OF THE SMELL" So i'm coating my floor with this stuff called Red Guard, it a roll or brush on membrane used in wet areas like bath or kitchen remodels
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Oh & now I realize I miss read, your title said rubber roofing, i was thinking the roll on type not the rubber mat.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote