Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Detroit Motors 8.2
Running electric and door set up

I am trying to turn my bus into a commercial kitchen (roach coach). I have 6 4x4 outlets on each sid of the bus.
I will be running 12g thhn wire throu 3/4 emt conduit. The bus will have a divider wall abouty 4 ft back from the drivers seat. IN this wall will be the electric pannel just biased to the left of the door opening. Question: what is the best way to run the wires from one side of the bus to the other. I thought of drilling holes in the floor and running flex (liquid tight)conduit under the bus and up to the junction box on the other side. Has anyone done this?
For code reasons I can not shoot the bare wire up and through the roof.

2: is there anywhere to get a small swinging door for the divider wall? Or am I stuck making my own?

Thanks,
B_B

butcher_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
wtd
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas TransitLiner
Re: Running electric and door set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher_boy
2: is there anywhere to get a small swinging door for the divider wall? Or am I stuck making my own?

Thanks,
B_B
Lowe's and Home Depot and the like carry narrow louvered and solid doors meant to be used in pairs on closets.
If you want a ''saloon" door, maybe use an exterior window shutter.
Saloon door hinges make them swing - these seem kinda pricey, but they'll give you the idea -http://www.hingeoutlet.com/double_ac...ing_hinges.htm

Tom
Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19

I would think the liquid-tight flex would work nicely. If you have the headroom, you could run a conduit above the door through the door frame.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

either below or as mentioned above will meet code as long as you use the right conduit. You didnt mention condiut size, or how many elect wires you are going to run.. if the conduit needed is more than like 3 inches, i would only run it underneith. I run mine undernieth where the first compartment is..