Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #1

RV

What can you guys tell me about a rv bus project ? I think it will be fun to work on

buslover55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: RV

It is one the most fun, satisfying projects I have ever undertaken. I must also warn you that it takes a lot of time and commitment. Most of the buses on the board here will never be finished, but certainly are workable. The key is to never lose interest. My trick was to always do atleast something on it once a week, even if that only meant sweeping the floor. Ebay and the local papers are full of half converted buses because people lost interest or funding or commitment in some other way. As long as you know what you're getting yourself into and are truly ready you can rest assured that it will be one of the most enjoyable ventures you will undertake in life. Besides...it gets you into this exclusive club of crazed skoolie owners.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

I thought this was going to be another RV movie post. It was a good movie.

Another reason some people dump them off on ebay is cause they end up having storage issues. One reason I picked a shorter one was to keep under 34 feet to keep the city idiots happy cause they don't need another reason to write up their little letters telling me I can't park something here. I already park a white bus owned by a nonprofit company here that exceeds their then 25 foot limit and now I think it is 22 foot limit which makes me wonder why they keep modifying their ordinances. It used to have an exception for nonprofit vehicles.

Mine too isn't finished but it is usable as is and I have been using it and am planning on using it this coming weekend. During the summer months when I was inside the bus building I ran the air conditioner which made it a little more comfortable when going outside to cut wood and bring it back in to fit it in place. The air conditioner was the first thing I mounted on the bus right after I brought the bus home in october 2005.

The reason why is simple I had dismantled my old travel trailer and put the air unit in the garage and I wanted to get it in before the snow fell and before I lost any parts for it and I needed to clear some space in the garage for two four wheelers one that I was using until the motor quit and the crashed 1998 scrambler for the motor that I put in to the one I am using again. So now I have a 2002 sportsman 700 with a 500HO under the plastic and it was the best thing I ever did to the thing.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Think of it as financing that big RV you always wanted, with low money down (your initial purchase) but only making a payment (doing improvements) when you can or when you feel like it. Also for me, sometimes I just need to create, the bus project is an awesome canvas for a creative mind.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote