Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72 Passenger
RV Windows - Looking

So I've been trying to find online sources, other than eBay to purchase RV windows.

Don't get me wrong, eBay has them, but the cost of shipping for used RV windows kind of makes me look towards buying them new from online websites.

I've tried to look for RV salvage yards in my area, but I have had no luck with my search results. I'm assuming most of the salvage yards may not list RV as a keyword? Not 100% sure.

The RV salvage yards that do have an online presence are no where near me. I'll assume you give them the measurements you want and you pay for it plus shipping. I honestly would like to avoid shipping costs since windows aren't the lightest thing to ship.

So I guess...how did you go about attaining your replacement windows for your Skoolie? That is...if you ended up replacing them in the first place.

Currently in New Hampshire. Border of Massachusetts. Any help appreciated.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
It would help if we knew where you are located.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
It would help if we knew where you are located.
Somewhere in the USA.

That would help! Currently in New Hampshire. Border of Massachusetts.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
I had 5 windows 4 large 1 smaller shipped to me for 126.00 crating included I can't drive 150 miles crate them myself for less than that. I did have to drive 20 miles to pick them up at the terminal although the 126.00 included delivery to my address if I had a dock or a forklift.

1-60x36
3-48x36
1-42x15

Total price delivered 486.00
Old 03-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog 5651 View Post
I had 5 windows 4 large 1 smaller shipped to me for 126.00 crating included

1-60x36
3-48x36
1-42x15

Total price delivered 486.00
Where did you purchase your windows from?
Old 03-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Where did you purchase your windows from?
Tri State Surplus LLc on Ebay
Old 03-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Chassis: International S1800
You could check Craigslist for people parting out RV's or campers. Are you on Facebook? The FB Marketplace seems to be a catch-all of random stuff like that.

Do you have specific size windows that you are looking for? What's your time line? Truth be told, I am in the process of buying a bus I found here and have a camper that will be eventually getting gutted/and dumpstered. And the camper is in Southern NH.
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
You could check Craigslist for people parting out RV's or campers. Are you on Facebook? The FB Marketplace seems to be a catch-all of random stuff like that.

Do you have specific size windows that you are looking for? What's your time line? Truth be told, I am in the process of buying a bus I found here and have a camper that will be eventually getting gutted/and dumpstered. And the camper is in Southern NH.
Good call on the FB Marketplace!

For the size windows, we're thinking something along the lines of 30"x36" and 24"x30" for the most part.

We're still in the floor plan phase. Just wanted to get ahead of windows since we'll be skinning the sides and doing a roof raise.

A friend's father bought a camper to do the same thing. Gut it and take the scraps. I'll have to find something really affordable if we went this route.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

An old camper is obviously a good source of random camper-y things for a conversion if you're on a super budget, depending on the condition. Awnings, windows & doors, fixtures, etc. Honestly, sometimes people just give those things away...but then you're stuck with a camper-shell to get rid of.

Anyway...if you're interested, seeing that we're in the same vicinity, you can have whatever windows you want out of ours. Some of them are in pretty good condition...some need new screens or gaskets...etc. Don't know the sizes off the top of my head though.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Anyway...if you're interested, seeing that we're in the same vicinity, you can have whatever windows you want out of ours. Some of them are in pretty good condition...some need new screens or gaskets...etc. Don't know the sizes off the top of my head though.

That's very nice and I appreciate the offer. I can't turn that down since our search continues for windows.

We'll be interested in at least looking or if you wish to send photos my way that would be great too.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:27 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
That's very nice and I appreciate the offer. I can't turn that down since our search continues for windows.

We'll be interested in at least looking or if you wish to send photos my way that would be great too.
I'll take some pictures next time we're there.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Quote:

Hey! I'm in Keene, at least some of the time. I'll be retiring and moving up fulltime soon, but for now I'm up there about half the weekends. Anyone need strong back/weak mind assistance, I'm up for it!

There's also another member in Keene by the handle of HazMatt. You might want to look him up.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #13
Skoolie

Have you tried your local Craigslist? A lot of the salvage yards near me at least, are posting up major RV components there for sale. Another idea is, if you need more than just windows, say you need the range, water heater, fridge etc... Try to find a water damaged trailer for sale on the cheap. Strip what you need, and scrap the rest...
dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote