Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Save Dem Feet

Just a thought. Seems like everyone is always jonesin' to get rid of those bus seats. Hmm, if you ever want to put anything on the roof, all those seats have strong legs and flanges for bolting. Seems like it might be worth cutting off those legs and keeping them for future roof projects. They would be great for supporting an upper deck or anything you wanted secured on the curved roof. Just a thought before your next trip to the junk yard to toss the seats.

1993 Amtran (Ward) 77 Passenger body on an International frame. DT360, Allison 545 AT. The avatar is my first skoolie, "The Rocket" may it Rust In Peace. Follow the links at the bottom to see the horrible details at https://www.gentlekharma.com
Be Amazing
Zen Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
That's an excellent idea, I wish I would have thought of that before dumping the seats.

Thanks Ken, I'll look for old bus seats and do just that.

Robert
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I'm sure you all know this already, but the legs on the seats(at least my wayne seats) will unbolt. You can then put two sets of legs on a seat and use it wherever you like and not rely on the side rail. This also takes care of leveling issues when you put flooring down.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote