Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Re: School busses cut with torch and sold as scrap Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith
Nashville school dis is put some bus up to sell,,,mosty thomas junk ,i belive they are the ones that didn't not pass the inspection for roll over facter.hope they sell them cheap...
Might make good hay movers for the farmers, They remove the top anyway. Job should be easier with the Thomas roofs.
Thomas used to be good??? What happen? did someone buy em out?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

no,, we are going to buy some and drive down to miami,and put the on a boat to hatie,drive one and pull one,they pay top dollor for them a 72 passager will be a 120 passage bus down there,,,thats the only thing there good for....

Why not load em before we ship em, 2 birds - 1 stone
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Gotta say that the LAST thing I want is a used UPS unit---zero to twenty before the light changes to red (maybe) and that ugly front end Com'on brown, just get my stuff here on time
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith
Nashville school dis is put some bus up to sell,,,mosty thomas junk ,i belive they are the ones that didn't not pass the inspection for roll over facter.hope they sell them cheap...
Might make good hay movers for the farmers, They remove the top anyway. Job should be easier with the Thomas roofs.
Thomas used to be good??? What happen? did someone buy em out?
I recall Daimler-Benz bought out Thomas a while back...that might be why I haven't seen a new Thomas NOT on a Freightliner chassis (FL is also owned by Daimler) in a while. For that matter...does any builder NOT have their own chassis now? BB has their own, International bought out Ward a while back and now builds their own buses, Daimler/Freightliner bought ThomasBuilt a while back...anyone else left?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote