Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #1

Seats???

Hello all, I am new to the forum and new to bus owning/conversions and I know I am going to have lots of questions for you guys. As I said, I'm new to the forum so if I am asking anything that has already been beat to death and it would be easier to just post a link to another thread please do.

My first question is about seats. I just purchased a Ford E450 handicap shuttle and I am going to be converting it into a dirt bike hauler. I am going to want to keep seating for 4+ but I do not like the current seats. What types of seats are going to bolt right up? Can I pick up some decent seats from any old minivan or maybe a few captain's chairs? Or do those options all need some fab to make them work?

Any info would be very helpful. Or links to other threads with info.

Thanks,

-Eric

emccosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Detroit 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Hi,
Don't know much about the e450 or the types of seat frames that are in them but I think that almost anything other than what you have will have to be mounted different than what you have but that's no big deal
Look around the junk yards that you have or if you want new stuff j.c. Whitney and others like that will have something.
Decide a location, find the closest old bolt hole through the floor. Take some rough measurements, hang a piece of wire or something in that hole as a reference flag and climb underneath to see if you can work the new mounting location's and work or rearrange as needed.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote