Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2017, 12:21 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
You can go ahead and ship me all the gluten water you can find then.

I hate all the stupid new labeling.
By stupid new labeling do you mean the tiny "GF" logo that appears on some products? that's hugely helpful to a good many people and it doesn't change the product at all. I've gotten used to reading every ingredient on every label, so more info is always welcomed.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
I hope that doesn't include beer.
It damn sure does.
Beer is how i discovered what was making me SICK.
Tomatoes for me.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Quote:
Have you ever seen the gluten free bacon? It's absurd what they are labeling as gluten free now. Things that never had any gluten in them in the first place.
Sorry for the thread drift, but dude you really don't know much about ingredients of food. Bacon is NOT always GF. The seasonings and other ingredients determine whether or not its safe for me to eat.
ANYTHING that is processed can have gluten. Even oats as they can be processed on the same equipment as wheat, and yes- cross contamination will make me sick. Its damn near as bad as a peanut or shellfish allergy and the effects are immediate.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:28 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
By stupid new labeling do you mean the tiny "GF" logo that appears on some products? that's hugely helpful to a good many people and it doesn't change the product at all. I've gotten used to reading every ingredient on every label, so more info is always welcomed.
No I mean this...
Quote:
Have you ever seen the gluten free bacon? It's absurd what they are labeling as gluten free now. Things that never had any gluten in them in the first place.
If your water has gluten in it, then you've got bigger problems than your diet.

New zero calorie, zero colors added, no artificial flavors or preservatives, gluten and sodium free, no nuts or soy used diet drink... WATER!!! No 5hit really?

I'm fine with labeling the bread in large bold print for gluten free. But I've seen eggs, water, milk labeled with 5hit that doesn't need to be on the label.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Quote:
Bacon is NOT always GF. The seasonings and other ingredients determine whether or not its safe for me to eat.
I dunno how the hell you make bacon. I've cured it at home 3 times now. Once was smoked, twice was not. It never ONCE crossed my mind that "Hey, this would taste great with a flour coating." My pepper doesn't have flour. My sugar doesn't have flower. Maybe my honey does? You can never trust those bees; shifty little bastards they are. Oh wait, they like flowers, not flours.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Quote:
ANYTHING that is processed can have gluten.
Not picking at you especially if it's legit but so many people follow the latest diet because it's the latest diet. And the mass herd has far too many morons in it.They'll buy 5hit because it's ______ free. See the water example. About the only thing I haven't actually seen it marked with (yet) is free range or cage free.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:40 PM   #27
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
I dunno how the hell you make bacon. I've cured it at home 3 times now. Once was smoked, twice was not. It never ONCE crossed my mind that "Hey, this would taste great with a flour coating." My pepper doesn't have flour. My sugar doesn't have flower. Maybe my honey does? You can never trust those bees; shifty little bastards they are. Oh wait, they like flowers, not flours.
Store-bought, processed foods are different than home made foods man. We have chicken labeled "cage free" and "free range". But sausage and bacon are not safe unless marked.
I'm just realizing how ignorant the public actually are about all this, its funny.
Bacon doesn't have to have flour to have gluten. Caramel food coloring is often made of barley, for example. Eggs are safe, but restaurants often fluff theirs up with a bit of pancake batter.
Your pepper is probably safe, but the cheap generic stuff is processed on shared equipment.
Wanna start a gluten free thread?
Old 05-31-2017, 12:50 PM   #28
Bus Geek

Quote:
Store-bought, processed foods are different than home made foods man. We have chicken labeled "cage free" and "free range". But sausage and bacon are not safe unless marked.
I'm just realizing how ignorant the public actually are about all this, its funny.
Bacon doesn't have to have flour to have gluten. Caramel food coloring is often made of barley, for example. Eggs are safe, but restaurants often fluff theirs up with a bit of pancake batter.
Your pepper is probably safe, but the cheap generic stuff is processed on shared equipment.
Wanna start a gluten free thread?
One of the Amish farms I drive past has range free chickens. I think they need to work on their grammar. Hopefully they are free range chickens.

I stand corrected on the caramel coloring then. That's pretty damn shady. I want the real caramel you cheap bastards!! I can see gravy because of a rue but not coloring.

My pepper is peppercorns. Mortar and pestle at home. The nutmeg, cummin, coriander, and others are whole seeds too. I don't always get the organic tho but I do try to get the whole non-process stuff.

I have no problem snarfing a pizza and chasing it with beer. You can keep your tomatoes.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:07 PM   #29
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I like free chickens.