Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 6,870
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Shift Patterns For Each Trans

I figured the title would be an easy search. Lets post a pic of the different shifters to help identify which trans it's operating. Post pics of shifters that are specific to model. I know some of the 545's, 643's and possibly some other Allison trans use the same shifter.
It would help answer questions like; What tranny is most likely behind a Cummins 8.3 FE with a shift pattern of :

I'm way interested in this bus. 15window FE, 8.3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.3 shifter.jpg (62.6 KB, 8 views)
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 6,870
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Md3060...:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MD3060Shifter.jpg (36.2 KB, 4 views)
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #3
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 816
Year: 1990
Coachwork: integral
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Maybe an MT6xx? A Cummins 8.3 will be too much for an AT5xx, and an HT7xx is overkill for it. Mechanical transmissions often use the Felsted 55056 T-handle shifter, similar to the one pictured, and electronic transmissions use the push-button Allison shift pad. The optional Stone-Bennett air shifter can also be used with mechanical transmissions. The Quadco shift cable connector that actuates the transmission is also made in umpteen different versions for all combinations of shifters and transmissions.

In other words, to definitively know what transmission is in a bus, you have to crawl under and read the plate on it!

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 6,870
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
Maybe an MT6xx? A Cummins 8.3 will be too much for an AT5xx, and an HT7xx is overkill for it. Mechanical transmissions often use the Felsted 55056 T-handle shifter, similar to the one pictured, and electronic transmissions use the push-button Allison shift pad. The optional Stone-Bennett air shifter can also be used with mechanical transmissions. The Quadco shift cable connector that actuates the transmission is also made in umpteen different versions for all combinations of shifters and transmissions.

In other words, to definitively know what transmission is in a bus, you have to crawl under and read the plate on it!

John
This is what i find common on the AT643, there may be other variations. I believe it shares with the 545.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AT643shifter.jpg (8.3 KB, 36 views)
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 816
Year: 1990
Coachwork: integral
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
This is what i find common on the AT643, there may be other variations. I believe it shares with the 545.
The 6xx series are MT (Medium Truck), and the AT (Automobile Truck) are 5xx. No biggie.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #6
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 6,870
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
The 6xx series are MT (Medium Truck), and the AT (Automobile Truck) are 5xx. No biggie.

John
Error acknowledged.

but share the same shifter?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.