Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #41

I live inCharlotte, NC. nchairbanger@aol.com . Truck driver here able to transport . Cdl holder.

jason11155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: GILLIG
Chassis: G18E102R2
Engine: Cummins ISC 8.3
Rated Cap: 23 sits 33 stand
Move the bus to to local storage.

We purchased an out of state bus that required a CDL. The Transit Authority selling the bus was willing to move it off their lot to a local RV storage facility that I rented a space in as part of the sale. It is 700 miles away (round trip) in another State. Intend to MH the bus where it sits and then bring it to home state legally.
Our first solution was to hire a driver but too much liability involved.
oleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
putting more butterflies in my belly - lol - I'm planning to bid on a bus tomorrow, 600 - 700 miles from here - lol - if my karma holds I'll get a perfect, recently inspected bus that lacks nothing, and if my karma holds true, I won't be able to afford one if they are ridden with problems and would have to be hauled home - the one shining light I'm following is that I have bought vehicles from the same auction that were previously owned by that city and it had been very well maintained - for the buses in tomorrow's auction that aren't running, the city had declared that there were motor problems, transmission problems, or the bus needed several expensive ( major ) repairs - all of the non-operating buses were declared to be suitable for parts only

I WOULD gladly sell you my 99 Thomas for $4500 and I'm right here in Jacksonville. Message me or repost if any of you want it. I just realized a school bus does not fit my personality as much as I thought.
Desmondgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:14 AM   #44
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmondgibbs View Post
I WOULD gladly sell you my 99 Thomas for $4500 and I'm right here in Jacksonville. Message me or repost if any of you want it. I just realized a school bus does not fit my personality as much as I thought.
a bit far for me - I'm in BC
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:41 AM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Where in Washington is the bus - I could possibly meet you out there and drive the bus off the lot for you to continue on to NC. I am in Montana.
I have a CDL-B with Passenger Endorsement and Airbrakes.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHandBanana View Post
Good Morning All,

I am purchasing a bus from a dealer in Washington state and I need to transport it to North Carolina. I have gotten quotes from two companies placing it at $5k to get the job done. This is a very high price. I cannot retrieve the bus myself because the dealer will only release it to someone with a CDL license, which I do not possess at the moment. Any advice on this as it is the exact bus I am looking for and do not want to miss the oppurtunity.

Thanks!
I live in fayetteville, I have cdl, I'll do it
Piesekandbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #47
Mini-Skoolie

Plane ticket, plus about 1500, and roadtrip snackz
Old 06-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #48
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Keep in mind, folks, the dealer will not release to just ANY CDL holder -- they insist on a Class B with P endorsement.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by athandbanana View Post
good morning all,

i am purchasing a bus from a dealer in washington state and i need to transport it to north carolina. I have gotten quotes from two companies placing it at $5k to get the job done. This is a very high price. I cannot retrieve the bus myself because the dealer will only release it to someone with a cdl license, which i do not possess at the moment. Any advice on this as it is the exact bus i am looking for and do not want to miss the oppurtunity.

Thanks!
:thanx:
my offer stands. I have class b with the proper endorsement.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #50
Mini-Skoolie

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Keep in mind, folks, the dealer will not release to just ANY CDL holder -- they insist on a Class B with P endorsement.
I have both
Old 06-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
Same here, CDL-A plus P... And I'm encouraged by the number of people here who do! I know its not really necessary for a skoolie/rv owner to have it but as I've tried to convey in other threads about newbs picking up their future-skoolie technically it still meets the definition of a commercial vehicle until you get it home, gut it, do whatever your state requires to re-classify it as an rv and then re-title it. And honestly I think the only reason giant rvs don't require special licensing is all the octogenarian quadruple bypass survivors who buy them but could never pass a DOT physical. Without an rv loophole the whole industry would collapse!
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #52
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
i like the fact that are members here that do and are willing to help out the new owners that dont get there bus home or at least in there possession and show them around a little.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote