Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Should I go for it?

Just poking around looking at stuff when I found this....

New Webasto Thermo Top C Kit TSL 17 Diesel Water Coolant Heater 923369 TT 12V | eBay

Should I go for it to run my hydronic heat?

I should mention, for those who don't already know, Jasmine is a full size bus and not a shorty.

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 48
Would you be ok with the on/off switch this kit comes with? The 7 day timers from webasto seem to be the best, but im not sure if you can just plug on in or not....somebody? If you want a cheaper refurbished unit check out ebay.uk, they seem to be a bit more common over there. Good luck
glenn bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
these are brand new and according to webasto that kit qualifies for some typoe of rebate.. I found the rebate form and that kit is listed so it appears to be a current and not a discontinued model.. it is 17,500 BTU of heat.. , that would certainly help to keep a bus warm inside esp an insulated one... you dont need the timer, do it by temperature.. a simple temperature control would work great for these.. you could keep your coolant at a preset temp or connect your own timer device.. I was looking at these yesterday thinking i should order one for the DEV, esp if im going to try and go to skooliepalooza i'll want some type of Heat that I dont need to run the engine for.. these seem to be going for $1000 other places so maybe the $800 is reasonable.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I would be fine with the on/off, since it's either going to be running or it's not... but the timer would probably be the better option. Would still prefer to have a new unit vs refurb but have to look at it from a cost POV as well... funds are running out so have to kind of watch what I spend on it.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote