Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Shower. Measured 3 times, cut once. It won't stand up!

O.k.we got a 36x48 one piece shower stall. We measured and remeasured, marked and cut the sides for the curved ceiling. It fit inside thru the back door. It just won't stand up! It's about 3 inches shorter at its high point than the high point inside the bus. I am about to start cutting more, like the ledge (threshold) under the step of the shower. If I had gotten a multi-piece kit, I would have to deal with the seams and sealant. That is why I got the one piece. Dang it! Anyone solve this issue in the past? I did search. Please speak up before I take the cut off wheel to it.

HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
Bus Nut

did you try standing it up as you slide it through back door and then scoot it stood up into place?
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
It's math. You have to figure the hypothenuse or longest side of the triangle. A rectangle is merely two right angle triangles matched up. Use this link Triangle Hypotenuse Calculator Online -calculates angles and sides of right triangle, draws image of your triangle

Draw a rectangle representing the shower stall.
Width (AB) and Height (BC). You are looking for the diagonal line (AC) that goes from the top corner to the opposite side at the bottom (the pivot point when tipping the shower stall upright). Line AC has to be less than the height of your ceiling where the shower stall has to stand up (take into account that your roof arches so you need to measure the lowest point of the arch that the shower stall has to clear when standing upright. Alternative with the calculator in the link is to give the diagonal (AC) which would be the ceiling height and the width/depth of the shower stall and the calculator will tell you your max height the shower stall can be.

You shower stall will not fit like you want it too. There is a reason we put in a shower pan with FRP walls. You are about to learn it. Have fun.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #4
Bus Nut

My daughter-inlaw pulled that up on her phone after we gave up when it started getting dark. Dang girls with brains! My wife has one too so I better figure this thing out somehow.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
did you try standing it up as you slide it through back door and then scoot it stood up into place?
Yep. Being 3'x4', it wouldn't tip much until it was inside.