Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60
Shower troubles!

I'm having a hard time finding a shower base and walls for my bus. So, I was thinking about building the entire shower out of wood, and then lining and sealing the entire thing with lanolieum tile or something like that. It would be easy to build the shower exactly in the dimensions that I want. Home Depot and Lowes have quite a few different materials that would work for shower walls. Has anybody else done anything like this?
Matt

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Shower troubles!

I like the idea of those plastic type panels they sell just for the purpose. I think they're relatively cheap. That doesn't solve your base problems, but it's what I planned on using for shower walls until I decided I didn't need a shower.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

I was able to find a shower base that works good but as of now I have not put in the fiberglass paneling in yet. You know that stuff that you see in some gas station restrooms. Right now I have extra heavy duty black trashbags duck taped to the walls to make the shower usable until I finish it later which I have no idea when later will be cause this is working good for now. I even thought about just taping up heavy shower curtains in and use them for walls. I don't know the size of my base off hand but if I was to do another one I might just get a fiberglass bathtub that would normally be in a house.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
Bus Nut

I got my shower base from ebay seller Tri-State Surplus and he's usually got a couple different sizes. I got the 24x32 because it works well with my design and the small size doesn't bother me since I won't be using it that much anyway (campground I stay at has nicer & bigger facilities and would rather burn up their hot water than mine)... Oh, and his are designed for use in RV's and appear to be quality items, I paid $30 for my shower base...

I just checked his site, he doesn't have any shower bases listed at this moment, but check back as he adds new listings as the older ones expire. He does have several RV bath tubs listed right now...

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
trx
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevy C-60
Engine: 8.2L Turbo Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 77
Send a message via ICQ to trx

How about creating a base out of wood and covering it with fiberglass? Use cloth or fiberglass matting to round out the corners. I'm not sure how you'd get the bottom to slope nicely to the drain. Just another idea to throw out there.

Chad
trx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Bus Nut

I saw a shower pan liner on a roll @ homers depot, i think it,s 5' wide and whatever length you want, approximatel $6- ft. probably a derivative of rubber roofing, build your shower, line the an and finish with your choice of materials.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote