Old 07-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #1
Bus Nut
Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Smile Skoolie Security and Surveilance systems

I just bought and installed (in the heat, not ideal timing) the Nightowl 4 camera Surveilance system, and i couldn't be more pleased with it.

The Skoolie is parked in a good neighboorhood (police visited the build 5 times in one month! which i consider a good sign. However lots of criminals stroll these areas breaking into cars and lots of thefts. So i had some action cameras set up but i continually hassled with formatting the sd cards to clear memory, and other problems (the lithium batts got really hot from having to be plugged in 24/7, don't think they were meant for survielance systems) plus a neighbors car was just broken into and the cameras had shut off and missed the event. Would have been nice to help the neighbor out too.

The installs of the 4 cameras wasnt too bad, hindsight i would have bought some good self taping screws and saved myself a LOT of hassle, but live and learning.

Here is a picture of how i see the 4 camera views on the TV.
It comforts me when i have to leave it here unattended, and even when i am here working late and hear somone outside. It is a nice comfort.

Nightowl 4 camera system - Album on Imgur
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
That is nice. Peace of mind when in the house but will be peace of mind if you do wallydocking. That would be something I would like to add in down the road.
livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote