Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Smile Skoolie Security and Surveilance systems

Hi,

I just bought and installed (in the heat, not ideal timing) the Nightowl 4 camera Surveilance system, and i couldn't be more pleased with it.

The Skoolie is parked in a good neighboorhood (police visited the build 5 times in one month! which i consider a good sign. However lots of criminals stroll these areas breaking into cars and lots of thefts. So i had some action cameras set up but i continually hassled with formatting the sd cards to clear memory, and other problems (the lithium batts got really hot from having to be plugged in 24/7, don't think they were meant for survielance systems) plus a neighbors car was just broken into and the cameras had shut off and missed the event. Would have been nice to help the neighbor out too.

The installs of the 4 cameras wasnt too bad, hindsight i would have bought some good self taping screws and saved myself a LOT of hassle, but live and learning.

Here is a picture of how i see the 4 camera views on the TV.
It comforts me when i have to leave it here unattended, and even when i am here working late and hear somone outside. It is a nice comfort.

Nightowl 4 camera system - Album on Imgur

Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
That is nice. Peace of mind when in the house but will be peace of mind if you do wallydocking. That would be something I would like to add in down the road.
livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
Hi,

I just bought and installed (in the heat, not ideal timing) the Nightowl 4 camera Surveilance system, and i couldn't be more pleased with it.

The Skoolie is parked in a good neighboorhood (police visited the build 5 times in one month! which i consider a good sign. However lots of criminals stroll these areas breaking into cars and lots of thefts. So i had some action cameras set up but i continually hassled with formatting the sd cards to clear memory, and other problems (the lithium batts got really hot from having to be plugged in 24/7, don't think they were meant for survielance systems) plus a neighbors car was just broken into and the cameras had shut off and missed the event. Would have been nice to help the neighbor out too.

The installs of the 4 cameras wasnt too bad, hindsight i would have bought some good self taping screws and saved myself a LOT of hassle, but live and learning.

Here is a picture of how i see the 4 camera views on the TV.
It comforts me when i have to leave it here unattended, and even when i am here working late and hear somone outside. It is a nice comfort.

Nightowl 4 camera system - Album on Imgur
I'm currently in South America and my expat neighbor bought this system for our landlord to put on the building and they have been amazing. I have access to the feeds on my laptop and they are pretty clear even at night. I'm returning to the states and may use these on my bus build as well.
MegaFemaTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I'm a firm believer that you can't keep out someone who wants in. Cameras sure go a long way towards knowing who did with no defense on their end. My home has a system that notifies my cell and laptop as soon as there is motion near a camera. You can log in anytime and see whats going on like Mega mentioned.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote